Chapter 13: What are you hiding

We ran over the the man supposedly named Harold.

"Harold!" Kareu yelled as we got closer to him, he looked over, with a dejected expression he spoke.

"What could you possibly want?" He spoke sorrowfully and quietly, he looked at them, then looked around for a bit, then back at the two .

"Me and my friend Phoenix are here to find out who took your daughter, and many other children." Kareu answered as she fiddled with her hands slightly.

"We were hoping you knew anything and could possibly help us." Phoenix said looking over from the right to where harold was standing.

"You probably wouldn't believe me..." Harold said as he was about to turn back around to leave before Kareu quickly spoke.

"We will believe you, we know what took those girls, please be considerate!" She sort of yelled, catching the attention of a few people passing by. Harold froze, he stayed looking ahead of him for a moment before turning only his head to the left and said.

"Do you really know what took her?" He said shocked, this man is sort of weird.

"We do. If you'll help us, we'll help you." Phoenix said with his serious expression not changing in the slightest, though something in phoenix told him something was off, Harold then fully turned around and said.

"Fine, I'll tell you all I know."

......

"Daddy?" Harold's daughter said looking up at him.

"Hm? Yes Eva?" He replied looking down at her with his eyes.

"What are we doing?" She asked.

"Don't worry about it..."

......

"This spot right here is where she disappeared, right infront of my eyes!" He said on the verge of tears. Kareu looked at him with pity, while phoenix seemed to be getting more and more suspicious the more this man spoke.

"Hm." Phoenix hummed catching the attention of both Kareu and harold.

"Your story isn't making sense." Phoenix said catching Kareu and Harold off guard.

"Who just lures their daughter out and then she just so happens to disappear? Sorry, but I'm not buying your story." Phoenix said side-eyeing over where Kareu and harold are, kareus jaw dropped.

"How can you say that? You weren't there so how can you just assume that he's a murderer who killed his own daughter?!" Kareu spoke getting defensive at phoenixes accusation. This made him furious, though his expression stayed stoic.

"Even if I'm wrong, I believe my suspicions are at least worth thinking about." Phoenix said looking over at kareu, then looking at Harold, though Harold seemed off... He stared blankly at the ground then his frown turned into a sinister smile. Kareu looked over and jumped back, harold's smile turned into a grin that let out a piercing laugh.

"It seems you've figured it out when no other demon hunter could! Oh what a smart one you are! How exciting!" Harold laughed as he had begun to metamorphosize into a different form, eyes widening phoenix un-sheathed his katana and tried to slash harold, if that was even his name truly. Though despite being in the middle of a transformation he dodged and was now on a roof.

With his transformation complete he looked down at us and laughed.

"Demon hunters... They're quite stupid... But it seems you're much smarter than the others I've encountered!" Harold said as he continued to look down at us.

In the blink of an eye Kareu jumped up to the roof and swung her katana at his shoulder, successfully she got him, but was only able to nick his shoulder as he jumped down to the ground a few feet away from phoenix. Quickly Kareu jumped down beside phoenix while phoenix turned around, both of them with their blades in their hands.

Harold looked at us and smiled even wider than before his face contorting in a freakish joyful way, he chuckled before saying.

"Not to shabby, I can tell you two are newbies, but you're both quite impressive I must add..." He said as he chuckled more.

"I can tell you two are gonna be fun!"

......

End of chapter 13: What are you hiding

New chapter coming soon!

Chapter 14: Who are you?

......

Hello authors note, I'm gonna start adding pictures, and I might even go back to the past chapters and add photos to them as well.

Have a good day that's all!