Chapter 2: What's with the cruelty?!

" Since it's morning now, me and Kareu should get going." I said.

"Oh, may I come with you?" Nora asked.

"If you wish too." Kareu said, to which I agreed.

We went out her door and started walking home, it wasn't a long walk to my home. Not too long or too short pretty medium, which is how me and Kareu met Nora. Because of how the distance isn't a lot we met one day walking with our mothers as kids.

....

"Who are you?" Kareu asked in annoyance, as they bumped into each other

"I am Nora Raynott! You better not forget it!"

"Watch your mouth brat!" Kareu said as she tried to hit her.

"Hey calm down!" I said stepping in, eventually stopping the fight. Once Kareus anger wore off, we both found nora cool.

"Could we be friends?" Nora asked

"Of course!" I said.

"Sure." Kareu said, still a bit salty.

....

I smile slightly at the funny memory, and before I know it we're at my house... But... Something seems off...My mother isn't outside taking care of plants like usual, Nor is my sister being loud and causing a ruckus.

" Is it just me or does something seem off?" Kareu asked

" I was thinking that too..." I responded

" Well the only way to find something out is to go inside, right?" Nora asked tilting her head with a nervous smile. We look at her, and then back at each other and nod. We started walking cautiously towards the door and a disgusting smell hits our noses. We hurled back in disgust, confused but continued to go towards the door once we open the door we were met with with... My mom and Mary...Dead?!

I was frozen, I couldn't move all I could do was stare in utter terror, When they needed me most, I was sleeping peacefully at nora's, while they were being slaughtered.

"Oh my God.." Kareu said sweating and shaking, with a contorted expression.

"What's going on?" Nora, who was behind a bit said coming closer.

"Oh.." Was all she could say before she hurled back in terror and disgust, when i was finally out of my paralyzed state I ran towards them screaming.

"W- WHAT- WHO? WHY... WHO WOULD DO THIS?" I yelled as I started trying to feel any type of warmth to them, when I noticed they were both cold, all I could do was cry and hold my sister and my mother, was it an animal? A human? An other worldly creature?

All I felt was nausea.

My heart felt like it was beating at a thousand miles per hour.

I was hysterical and shaking.

It felt like something was crushing my chest and like someone was choking me.

I was in a cold sweat, I cradled them.

It was clear my mother tried to protect my sister by holding her in a shielding way.

I was nauseous, and shaking.

I could hardly breathe and i couldn't calm down.

My mind was racing back and forth.

My throat and mouth felt dry.

All I can remember before passing out was as I panicked and cried and screamed, my eyelids felt heavy, despite this panic I felt so tired, why?

......

I woke up feeling tired, and confused. My body tensed and ached, there was a huge feeling of irritation and anxiety in me. I got up and saw Kareu with a grim expression, while Nora had a sadder, more dejected look. One thing both their faces shared was fear and disturbance.

"W-what happened? I can't recall..." I said restlessly, they both looked at me.

"How come? Don't you remember?" Kareu said her voice dull. It all came rushing back to me, my beloved family, murdered.

"Ah, I remember now..." I said looking down grimly, tears pricking at the corners of my eyes.

"Uhh." Nora muttered catching our attention.

"I don't really know if this is the right time, but... I saw a flier about something called the "Demon hunters" maybe that's what killed your family?"  She spoke quietly looking down.

"How can we be sure that's what killed them though?" I responded.

"This attack looks almost identical to my families attack a long time ago." Kareu started.

"There's no doubt this was a demon." She finished, closing her eyes.

"Should we try to become hunters?" Nora requested.

"If that's possible, I would like to find who did this to my family." I said becoming angry at the thought of someone, or something, being so cruel.

Caught off guard I ask.

"What did you two do with my mom and sister?" I asked in confusion.

"Oh, we buried them outside, in your mother's garden." Kareu said, as sad as it was, I was at least a small bit joyful they were buried in the garden, my mom and sisters favorite place.

"Alright, let's try to become demon hunters I want to do it, for my family." I said angry but determined.

....

End of chapter 2:What's with the cruelty?!

New chapter coming soon!

Chapter 3: Are you a demon hunter?

!Updated!