Chapter 15: I Can't See You

Kameron's Pov:

I pull away quickly from Grant and immediately look up into the stands to see my parents staring straight at us.

"Fuck." I say out loud.

"Kam what the hell." Grant says to me.

"I'm so sorry baby I-I just I-" I couldn't even finish the sentence I just run into the locker room and start changing.

I had to get out of here.

When I get done changing out of my basketball uniform I grab all my things and fast walk out but before I could leave Grant walks in.

"Kam where are you going."

"Home or just somewhere."

"Do you want me to go with you."

"No. I just I can't do this right now."

Grant grabs my wrist as I try to walk away but I look him straight in the eyes and shove him away and leave.

I run out to my car and once I get in I break down in tears. I knew my parents would never approve of me dating a boy.

I start my car and drive I don't know where I'm going I'm just driving.

Grant's Pov:

Kam pushes my hand away and walks away. Once he's out of the locker room Daniel comes in.

"Hey Grant."

"Hey." I say trying to keep the tears from falling that welled up in my eyes.

"Hey, hey Grant what's wrong." Daniel says walking over to me.

I can't help it anymore and the tears start falling and they don't stop.

"Kam. He kissed me out there and now he's acting like he hates me." I say to Daniel.

"Oh, Grant I'm sure he doesn't hate you." He says back to me taking me in his arms for a hug.

"What have I done wrong?" I say now sobbing.

"Nothing, Kam is probably just overreacting and taking it out on you for no reason."

I wipe my eyes and get out of his arms and pull myself back together.

"Thank you Daniel, I really appreciate you being here for me."

"Just call or text me when you need me Grant, I'm here."

TIME SKIP

Kameron's Pov:

I've been driving to for about 3 hours now and I think it's time to just face it and go home.

I pull into my driveway and get out of my car. I walk into the front door and see my parents sitting in the living room talking. I try to walk upstairs to my room but they call my name.

"Kam come here please." My dad says.

I walk into the living room and they are just staring at me like i'm some animal in a zoo.

"So uhm..we wanted to talk to you about what had happened at the end of the game earlier." My mom speaks up.

"Why?" I question.

"Because me and your father have been talking and we uhm don't want you seeing that boy again."

"Grant?!"

"Yes sweetie."

"NO. Don't call me sweetie after you say that to me! Why would you do this?!" I shout.

"We just don't think you should be seeing that boy in that way Kam." My dad says.

"But dad I love him, you can't just take me away from him, he's the only person i'll ever love!" I continue to shout.

"We think you should get back with Avery Kam, she is such a sweet girl." My mom says.

"No I don't love her! I never have and I never will!"

"Don't say that!" My dad is yelling back at me now.

"You won't be seeing Grant again and that's final!" He yells at me.

"Bu-but you c-can't do this to me." I say tears streaming down my face at this point.

"And we've also decided that you won't be having no more boys over and you can't go to any boys houses. We're going to fix you." My dad says.

"F-fix me?"

"Yes. Now go to your room."

"No! I'm 17 years old, almost an adult, you can't just tell me who I can and can't see." I fight back tears still falling down my cheeks.

"Well we don't want our son being no faggot!" My dad yells.

I'm shocked of what he's just said to me and I back up slowly and run upstairs to my room.

I slam my door shut and jump onto my bed and continue sobbing.

*ring* *ring* *ring*

Grant's calling.

I stare at my phone for a minute then decline the call. It hurt me to do that. I throw my phone across my room and fall back onto my pillow sobbing more.