Chapter 17: Runaway

Grant's Pov:

I get up from my bed and grab my keys from my desk again. I go downstairs and see my grandma in the kitchen.

"Hey grandma."

"Oh hey Grant where are you going now didn't you just come home."

"Yeah but I just needed to go to Kam's for a bit."

"Ok sweetie be careful."

"I will." I say before running out the door.

I get in my car and start to drive to Kam's house. I pull up into his driveway and go to his front door. I knock on the door and his dad opens it.

"Oh uh hi can I see Kam?" I ask politely.

"Uhm Kam's busy right now and if I'm being honest Grant I don't think he wants to see you." He responds.

"Oh what is he busy with?"

"He has Avery over right now and like I said he doesn't want to see you right now."

He's with Avery?

"Can I at least talk to him, you know ask him what I did wrong?"

"Listen Grant just go home, Kam doesn't want to see you and he's with Avery anyway. He's happy, he doesn't need to be running around with you." He says to me.

I push past him and run upstairs to Kam's room and try to open his door but it's locked so I knock on the door.

"Who is it?" Kam asks through the door.

"It's just me Kam can I come in?"

He opens the door and I see his eyes are bright red and his cheeks are still a little wet with tears. He sniffles and looks a little out his door past me.

"Hey Grant I really think you should get to be going home now I told you Kam doesn't want to see you." His dad is telling me coming up the stairs.

"Go." I push Kam into the room and lock the door behind me.

"Grant what are you doing here?"

"You don't want to leave me do you?"

"What do you mean?"

"It was your parents wasn't it? They're making you stay away from me." I say to him.

"Yes but Grant there's not anything I can do about it until I move out or they're going to kick me out and I have nowhere to go."

"So let's run away baby, let's just pack things up and leave, or you could even live with me, either way I can't live without you." I respond.

"I don't know Grant-"

"Come on baby please."

Kam stays silent for a minute and looks down at the ground.

"Boys get out of there right now!" Kam's dad yells through the door while knocking really hard on it.

"Grant. I'm scared." Kam says softly and lays his head on my chest.

I hold his head and kiss the top of his head on his blond curls.

"Why are you scared Kam?"

"Because I don't want to loose you. I can't do it, I couldn't even stand being away from you for a day."

Then all of the sudden the door handle rattles and Kam's dad opens the door. He takes one look at us in each other's arms and huffs.

"Grant I think it's a good idea for you to get going home now."

"But-"

"Go!" He yells at me.

I look at Kam once more before walking out the door and he mouths "I love you" to me. I walk out the door and go downstairs and go out to my car, but I don't drive away, I wait.

Kameron's Pov:

"Kameron!" My dad yells at me right after Grant leaves.

"Now I fucking told you I don't want you seeing that boy anymore I WILL NOT have my son being a faggot!"

"DAD SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LET ME LIVE MY GOD DAMN LIFE BECAUSE YOURE RUINING IT!" I yell the loudest I've ever yelled.

"KAMERON!"

"NO DONT EVEN BECAUSE IM FUCKING DONE WITH YOU AND MOM TELLING ME WHAT I CAN AND CANT DO. IM FUCKING 17 YEARS OLD IN JULY IM TURNING 18 IM ALMOST A FUCKING ADULT!" I yell more.

"WELL RIGHT NOW YOURE LIVING UNDER MY ROOF AND I WONT HAVE A FAGGOT UNDER MY ROOF!" He yells back.

"THEN KICK ME OUT THEN BECAUSE YOU CANT CHANGE ME ILL BE A FUCKING FAGGOT IF I WANT TO!"

"Son if you want to be kicked out just fucking say so!!"

"Do it! Kick me out!"

"Ok then, start packing up your shit because I want your faggot ass gone by tomorrow morning!" My dad yells back and storms out and slams the door closed.

Grant's Pov:

I eventually drove home and just went to my room when I got home and waited for anything from Kam.

TIME SKIP

I'm sitting in my bed and watching tv when I hear a knock from downstairs and then my grandma talking to someone. I get up and go downstairs and see my grandma talking to Kam.

"Oh Grant uhm can I talk to you for a second." My grandma says and takes me to the kitchen to talk.

"Kam is going to be living with us for a bit. The poor boy's parents kicked him out for being disrespectful or something, but he'll be with us until you guys graduate." She explains.

"W-what really?"

"Yes and if you don't mind helping him with his bags and stuff up to your room, he'll be staying in there since we don't have another room for him and I'd hate for him to have to sleep in the living room."

"Ok sure no problem." I say and walk away to go help Kam with his stuff.

I walk to the door and grab a few of his bags to take up to my room. We get upstairs and set all of his bags down on the floor until we find a place for it.

"Kam did they actually kick you out or did you leave?" I ask him.

"He uhm my dad he kicked me out. He kept yelling at me and calling me a faggot so I just couldn't take it anymore I blew up at him." He tells me.

"Oh Kam." I say walking up to him and enveloping him in my arms.

"I just I-I can't believe he would actually kick me out, I can't help the feelings I have for you."

"I know Kam I know but you're here with me now and I love you."

"Thank you Grant, you truly are the love of my life."