Chapter 14: He's Back

Kameron's Pov:

Today is my first game back from my injury and I couldn't be more excited. It's a home game today and me and Grant are the first ones in the locker room and we start changing into our uniforms.

"I'm so excited for you baby, you can finally play again." Grant says to me.

"I know i'm so happy."

I feel a pair of arms snake around me from behind and Grant kisses my naked shoulder.

"I love you." He says to me.

"I love you so much more Grant trust me."

TIME SKIP

It's 10 more minutes until the game begin and I can feel the nerves kicking in.

What if I get hurt again?
What if I don't play well?
What if I disappoint my team?

"Hey." Grant says behind me breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Hey."

"What's wrong?"

"I'm just nervous to play again." I reply and Grant pulls me aside.

"Baby don't be nervous you're great."

"I know but what if i get hurt again?" I say nervously.

"You won't Kam. Everything will be ok."

He grabs my hand discretely and that reassures me again.

"Thank you." I say to him.

"I just love you Kam."

TIME SKIP

The game is about to start and i'm excited but nervous. I'm doing jump ball and I get the ball to Grant and he goes for a layup and makes it.

For the next 5 minutes in this quarter our team scores 30 points, Grant having 14 and me having 10.

TIME SKIP

It's halftime and we all go to the locker room. Once the whole team is in there coach comes in and gives us a pep talk because we're down by 10 points.

"We have to step up our defense and start making shots." He says to us.

Once he's done talking we go back out onto the court and sit on the bench until halftime is over.

Once it's over the other team comes out and the game begins again and it's our ball. I pass it in to Grant and sprint down the court, he passes the ball back to me and I drive in for a layup and when I go up I get fouled and fall to the ground.

The whole gym goes silent.

Grant is the first to run over and check if i'm ok. I just lay there for a minute.

"Kam are you ok. Please tell me you're ok." Grant says worried.

I sit up and the gym erupts with applause because i'm ok.

"I'm fine Grant."

"Good you scared me there for a second."

I get up and go to the line to shoot my free throws. I miss the first one.

"Hey it's fine just brush it off." Grant comes over and whispers to me in my ear with his hand placed on my shoulder.

"Ok." I reply.

I dribble the ball a few times and shoot it and make it. Grant is clapping for me as we run down the court to get on defense. He gives me a high five when I run past him.

Now we are only down by 5 points. I block a shot and take the ball and run down the court for a layup and make it.

--

Coach calls for a timeout and I get water and before I know it it's time to go back on the court. We're down by 2 points with 10 seconds left and the other team has possession.

Grant steals the ball with 5 seconds left and passes it to me all the way down the court and I shoot a 3.

I make it.

The buzzer goes off just as I swish it into the goal. Grant runs over to me and lifts me up off the ground in a hug and I can't help it and I kiss him right in the middle of the court.

Oh shit...