Chapter 3: The Note

...He has gotten so close to me now and then he puts his arm over my waist, I'm frozen because I can't wake him up it would just make it so awkward.

Grant's Pov

I wake up to Kam wriggling around, I realize that I have my arm around his waist. I want to move it but something inside of me is telling me not to. I leave my arm there because it is giving me a strange comfort to, I feel Kam turn over to face me so I quickly shut my eyes to pretend like I'm sleeping. I can feel him staring at me, his beautiful big blue eyes, I have a feeling that Kam feels the same way about me that I feel about him but there are two things against me right now,

1. I can't date him, what if someone finds out about it and I'm forced to come out as Bi.

2. I have a girlfriend and I could never betray her like this.

I start to drift off to sleep again, my arm still around his waist when I hear Kam quietly snoring, I open my eyes to see that he has finally gone to sleep, I take a minute before I go back to sleep to examine his perfect facial features. His long, beautiful eyelashes that flutter every time he takes a breath, his little button nose, and his luscious lips. I start to drift back to sleep again.

I wake up to Kam and I spooning, I got butterflies immediately. Blue wasn't awake yet and I didn't want to make it weird when he did so I stopped cuddling him and got up to use the bathroom.

Kameron's Pov:

I wake up to Grant leaving the bed to go to the bathroom, when he gets out of the bathroom I go in, I start the shower and get in. All I can think about is that me and Grant were cuddling last night, all night. I didn't know if he knew he was doing it or not, but all I can really remember is falling asleep to the beautiful sight of his perfect face.

I get out of the shower and walk out in my boxers to get dressed, Grant is already dressed and has made the bed. I pick out an outfit and get dressed, Grant is sitting in the beanbag chair.

"You know you really didn't have to do this, I could have." I say pointing to the bed that is perfectly made.

"It's fine Kam, you let me stay in your room all of the time the least I could do is make the bed for you." He says with a cute smirk on his face.

We both walk downstairs to the smell of breakfast being cooked, my dad was cooking pancakes. We both fix our plates and go to sit down at the table where my brother was sitting. Grant was sitting across the table from me, and I was sitting next to my brother. I start eating and I look up to see Grant staring right at me, the kind of stare you would look at your significant other with. He quickly looks away and starts eating, trying to make sure I didn't notice, but I wasn't the only one who noticed.

"Woah what was that" my brother says, "are you guys dating or something?" he asks jokingly.

Just as he asked that Grant choked on his orange juice that he was drinking.

"Haha no." He says nervously.

Part of me was kind of upset that he said that, but we aren't dating, and we both have girlfriends.

7,458 views • Liked by _Houston_, Grant_G, Avery_E

Kam_: BREAKFAST😋

Comments:

Avery_E: Why wasn't I invited🙄

User: Yum

TIME JUMP

I wake up to my alarm for school, I really didn't want to go today, the only thing keeping me going was seeing Grant. I get up anyway and start getting ready, I get on the bus and start riding to school. I walk in the building and see Grant walking in at the same time as me, but today he's with Jezebel and holding her hand as they walk to the gym, he must have stayed the night at her house last night. For some reason this infuriates me today when I see them together and holding hands. I pick up my pace and bump shoulders with Grant and just don't acknowledge them and just keep walking to the gym.

I walk in the gym doors and go sit on the bleachers waiting for the bell to ring. Grant and Jezebel walk in seconds later and sit right next to me.

"Did I do something?" Grant asks with concern in his voice, his voice sends tingles down my spine and I turn to him.

"No, I'm sorry I'm just not feeling good today." I say.

"Ok, just had to make sure I didn't do anything to upset you." he says with a smile.

The bell rings and everyone starts walking to their homeroom class. I get to my locker and enter my combination to see a note that falls out of it, I pick it up and unfold it to start reading it.

Dear Kam,

I've had to get this off of my chest for a while now and I just want to get straight to the point. I'm breaking up with you, I don't know what it is, but it feels like anymore you just don't care about our relationship, I'm sorry, and please don't talk to me today.

-Avery

I look down the hallway to see Avery at her locker staring at me, once I look at her, she turns away quickly and swiftly walks into her class. For some reason I wasn't very upset though, I was a little sad, but I was secretly gay and kind of didn't want to be in a relationship with her anyway, I just kind of looked at her as a friend and she looked at me as "the love of her life". I walk into class and take a seat, in the middle of class we are watching a video and Grant's leg brushes against mine, I look at him and he is staring at with a little smirk on his face but this time he didn't look away he just kept staring. I heard some kids laughing and whispering behind me, so I look away quickly. I keep glancing at him, and he keeps glancing back at me. There was something about today that just felt different between me and him, we were back to being really close again and it not being awkward anymore but there was something else, there was more tension between us.