Quiet! It's storytime.

I woke up cold and shivering. I gasped.

"Are you alright?" A familiar voice said.

I whirled around. "Who- oh. It's you guys." I said.

"Nice to know I'm loved." Leo said cheerily. I snorted.

We were in what looked like a cave in the side of a cliff. Outside wind howled and snow whirled in spirals, coating the cave entrance in a thick layer of frost.

"Where are we?" I asked, shuffling over to a fire that had been set up in the middle of the cave.

"Pikes Peak, Colorado." Jason said.

I blinked. "I'm going to pretend I know where that is." I looked around the cave. Leo and Jason were sat near the fire and Coach Hedge was sat a little way away chewing on his club. "Where's Piper?"

"She's over here." Jason said, shifting out of the way to show Piper curled up beside him, fast asleep, covered in blankets.

"Why did you put me over there and her next to you?" I snorted.

Jason went red. "Uhm..."

"And you didn't say anything?" I said turning to Leo. "I am disappointed."

Leo snorted. "My bad." He said, raising his hands in mock surrender.

I frowned. "Where's Hoots?"

"The giant owl?" Jason asked. I nodded. "They flew off as soon as you turned back to normal."

I furrowed my brows. "Back to normal?" My eyes widened. "Oh! Midas." I turned back to Jason. "How did we get out of that one?"

"Well-" Jason was cut off by a snuffling noise behind him. He shifted out of the way as Piper sat up rubbing her eyes.

She looked around and then down at herself. "Oh, god." Her teeth chattered. "He turned me to gold?"

"You're okay now." Jason said, wrapping another blanket around her.

"L- L- Leo? Anwen?" Piper said, looking around dazed.

"Present and un-goldified." Leo said, pulling his own blankets tighter around him. "We got the precious metal treatment as well. Came out of it quicker though, not sure why, we had to dunk you in the river to get you back completely. Tried to dry you off but it's really cold." 

"You've got hypothermia." Jason said worriedly. "We risked as much nectar as we could, Coach did some nature magic."

"Sports medicine." Coach grunted as he shuffled closer to the group. "Kind of a hobby of mine. Your breath might smell of Gatorade for a few days but it'll pass. You probably won't die. Probably."

I snorted. "I forgot how reassuring you could be."

Coach shrugged.

"But how did you beat Midas?" Piper said frowning.

Jason began to explain what happened. How he had said he wanted to fight Lit and managed to hold his own until Lit got tired, then pushed him over and got Midas to try and help him up, ending in Lit being turned to gold. Then he summoned lightning and the statues had done the rest.

I whistled. "That's skill right there."

Coach grunted. "Kid's being modest, that wasn't the half of it. You should've seen him. Hi-yah! Slice! Boom with the lightning!"

"Coach you didn't even see it." Jason said. "You were outside eating the lawn."

I laughed. But the satyr was just warming up. "Then I came in with my club and we dominated that room. Afterwards, I told him, 'Kid, I'm proud of you! If you could just work on your upper body strength-'"