The Campfire (and a quest obviously)

As we walked over to the campfire, I could tell the whole idea freaked Piper out. But, if you want my opinion, what probably scared her the most was when Rachel told her 'let's go find out who you are.' In a pretty ominous tone. That would scare the hell out of me.

When we arrived at the campfire, I saw Annabeth sat at the front with Jason, and the other new guy, Leo, sat with the Hephaestus kids. The Apollo kids were leading the sing-along and everyone else was either singing or chatting with friends. I went to sit next to Katie and dragged Piper along with me since she hadn't been claimed and also hadn't got to meet anyone else. Soon after, the song ended and everyone cheered. Chiron trotted up to the campfire, he brandished his spear, which had a toasted marshmallow on the end. "Very nice! And welcome to our new arrivals. I am Chiron, camp activities director, and I'm happy you have all arrived here alive, and with most of your limbs attached. In a moment I promise we'll get to the s'mores, but first – "

"What about capture the flag?" somebody yelled, grumbling started among the Ares cabin.

"Yes," the centaur said. "I know the Ares cabin is anxious to return to the woods for our regular games."

"And killing people!" one of them shouted. I raised my eyebrow; these guys had clearly been couped up for too long. I could see Piper pale next to me. "Don't worry," I said. "They aren't actually allowed to kill anyone."

"Good to know." She said.

"However," Chiron said, "until the dragon is brought under control, that won't be possible. Cabin Nine, anything to report on that?" He turned towards the Hephaestus cabin. I saw Leo wink at Piper and shoot her with a finger gun. Piper snorted at his antics. Nyssa, who was sat next to Leo, stood up uncomfortably, she had always been a pretty shy person in front of large crowds. "We're working on it." She said. Queue more grumbling. I didn't see how they could complain, they weren't doing anything to help out.

"How, Nyssa?" An Ares kid demanded.

"Really hard," the girl said. Nyssa sat down to lots of yells and complaints, causing the fire to sputter chaotically. Chiron stamped his hoof against the fire stones and the campers fell silent. "We will have to be more patient," Chiron said. "In the meantime, we have more pressing matters to discuss."

"Percy?" someone asked. The fire dimmed even further, but no one needed the mood flames to sense the crowd's anxiety. Chiron gestured to Annabeth. She took a deep breath and stood. "I didn't find Percy," she announced. Her voice caught when she said his name. "He wasn't at the Grand Canyon like I thought. But we're not giving up. We've got teams everywhere. Grover, Tyson, Nico, The Hunters of Artemis – everyone's out looking. We will find him. Chiron's talking about something different. A new quest."

"It's the Great Prophecy, isn't it?" a girl called out. Everyone turned. The voice had come from the Aphrodite cabin. Everyone looked shocked, most campfires they just chatted and didn't pay any attention to what was being said. This campfire was going the same, until Drew stood up.

"Oh god what is she doing this time." I muttered.

"Drew?" Annabeth said. "What do you mean?"

"Well come on." Drew rolled her eyes as if it was obvious. "Olympus is closed. Percy's disappeared. Hera sends you a vision and you come back with three new demigods in one day. I mean, something weird is going on. The Great Prophecy has started, right?"

"I don't believe it," I mumbled. "She actually formed a complete thought, and it made sense." I heard Katie snort next to me.

"What's this Great Prophecy they're talking about?" Piper asked quietly.