"Niyati didi brought the horror movie from her friend's home. We are watching it. But it is scary and they both keep telling us that it is all real even though we know it is not. " Maithili spoke up. Both Shivangi and Niyati facepalm themselves.

Raghuveer has the hunch, that this was the case. The silence of the room when all four are present is just never the good indicator.

"Amu.."he starts but Niyati beats him to it. "I only invited Shivu dii to watch it. These two somehow got the whiff of it and pleaded us to let them see it too promising us that they will not get scared. I did not do anything. I swear. "

Niyati looked towards him with her wife eyes and pouty face which immediately reminds him of Laxman, she has his eyes and lips. Smiling at the fond memory of his late brother he shakes his head.

"Okay. But next time..do not bring such movies to home. Because if you will watch it, they will want to watch it too. It is only natural." Smiling widely at him, Niyati nods her head and went back to her food just as Manorama starts.

"Good..good.. Raghu..spoil them..spoil them rotten. Girls at their ages are handling families and these two cannot.. hmm! Girls in our family do not watch TV let alone movie? Only God will knows what kind of scene will be in their."

The sudden silence got spread in the air as the four children had their heads low after seeing the shaking of the head and stern eyes of their mothers. Raghuveer simply refuses to say anything.

He was aware of his mother's acidic tongue and knew that she was only looking for core to start the monologue about how his children are spoiled and rotten.

So, he  turns the topic to the "Roopa..I only remembered that..the Chaudhary has invited me to perform the Satyanarayan Pooja at their house on their son's birthday. They have also invited our whole family in the function at the evening. But-"

"No one is going their. I am telling you this." Object Manorama.

What were they thinking? How can a Brahmin family of hers, can go to the house of people who consume meats and alcoho.No. No.

"Men there are like wild animals,who thinks of themselves as Gods carrying the katta in their pockets. Surely not we will send our women and children there." Manorama elaborates.

Raghuveer will not say that thought did not crosses his mind, because then he will be the liar. But, additionally he also was powerless to refuse the Chaudhary, what reason will he give when Durga Devi will ask him about his family.

He said as much as to his mother who look towards him with a gaping mouth. Durga Devi extended the invite, a wise woman like her must be aware of the rules about the Brahmains. Surely she will do something about it.

After the careful consideration of what it can mean if the Mishra family won't go the function as well as their consequences it was finally decided, that, yes they will all go there but-

"No one will eat a single morsel there, otherwise I will not talk or see that person."

And "now is the chance, shivu dii" mumbled Niyati and the stern look all four got from their grandmother.

The dinner continued.

_

"One more thing..I will make this clear to you both-" Manorama looked at both of her daughter-in-laws , the trio were the only one who were present in the hall. Raghuveer has retired to his room while the children to theirs. "- by god's grace, both of your daughters have bloomed into the beautiful rose, and while surely that seems like the compliment to your ears....but it is not."