003

The things in Mishra household was running smoothly. The lives of three new comers have found the rythm in the new place. It did take them few problems to overcome,but like they say, the time taught everything.

Radha continued her job as a teacher in one of the respected school with the help of Raghuveer. Maithil was adjusting well in her new school and the fact her brother Gola is there, helped her a lot.

But the same thing could not be said for Niyati.

"Maa... I'm on my way to your school so relax." Sitting in the auto, Niyati says. Today, her ever so upright mother forgot to bring some important file and was going berserk about it.

Niyati tries to calm her but it was to no avail. "Yeah yeah..it's raining outside so please look out for yourself. Understood."

"Yes mam."

Niyati has already been to Radha's school once or two times before. It was a government school where the variety of students one will see, could be, astonishing. Stopping the auto in front of the gate, Niyati pays and enter the school.

The rain was coming,hard. The school ground flooded was with water so Niyati has to take extra care where to put her foot next. Reaching the main building Niyati closes the umbrella and hook it outside.

"Uhmm... Hello. I'm here to meet Radha Mishra. Can you call her?" She says to the middle-aged lady who was sitting on the old looking chair. The lady did a through out inspection of her like her eyes has x-rays and will tell her universal truth.

Niyati at this point has gotten used to it. When she first came and anyone give her or her family one of those long stares, she would get irritated. Thinks,what's so weird about them that make everyone turn their head back?

"It's because we are new here. You see Niyati, the community we are living in is such a small tight knitted group that everyone know everyone. And we being the newcomers stick out like a sore thumb. It's because they're curious that they do this." Her mother has told her.

But Niyati think it's only because these people has too much free time in their hands and they don't know what to do anything good with it that they do one thing they have many tropies in ; poking their nose where it's not needed.

"Who are you, Madam? " The lady ask. And Niyati cringes. Why the hell everyone in this goddamn place is addicted to tobacco.

"I'm her daughter. Now will you please call her? I'm in hurry."

The lady roams her eyes up and down on the girl, Radha madam's daughter. Huh! This is supposed to be know by everyone that Radha madam's daughter look like a tv serial heroine.

In light blue coloured suit, hair done in a simple plaits and beautiful set of eyes and a decent face cut. The Mishras' are blessed with good looks it seems, the lady thought.

The lady says "Please wait near the staff room." and left. Niyati walk in the direction the lady told her the staff room will be. Her phone rings and she take it out of the purse to see who's calling.

"Hello.. Shivu dii. Yes-uhmm..no I haven't- yeah will start today, I'll send you material- okay-hm-. Talking on her phone Niyati didn't realises she walked further than needed and was now standing infront of the principal office.

Putting her phone down, she roll her eyes at her own foolishness. But just as she was about to turn back her foot slipped and she stumbled if not for someone hold her forearms and steady her.

"Careful," A deep voice says. "The floor is slippery." And left.

In the meantime Niyati gains her balance and could say her thankyou, the man left. Niyati look at his backside as well as two other men who were following him with riffles in their hands.