Chapter 15

Can I get 80 votes for this chapter
Please!!!

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Vritika's POV

I walk down the stairs holding my saree slightly to manage walking gracefully. I scan the living room as I walk downstairs and put on a smile on my face as I see already a big number of guests in the hall. Mummy and papaji's anniversary is the biggest event the Raghuvanshi's hold every year.

I have been attending all this functions since I was young. We were only invited for the evening functions back then though so I didn't know that they had a party in the morning too for very important clients and only the close relatives and friends.

"Vritika" I hear his voice as soon as I land on the last second step and immediately look up. My eyes meet his and I blink as he forwards his hand towards me. I place my hand in his as he help me walk the remaining one step.

"You didn't leave?" I ask as soon as I stand close to him and he shakes his head bending a bit to whisper in my ear

"No, some clients I knew were already here. So couldn't leave" he said, whispering in my ear. I felt his lips brush with my earlobe accidentally and he immediately straightens up as a client walk towards us.

"Hello Mr Agarwal. It's a pleasure to meet you" Kiaan said in a very professional tone and shook his hand with him and Mr Agarwal smiled and shook his head like its not a big thing.

"She is your wife" the lady standing next to Mr Agarwal asked and I passed her a smile as she looked me over and I corrected my posture.

"Yes ma'am. And I am sorry I forgot to introduce you all. She is my wife Vritika and they are one of our oldest clients. Mr Rakesh Agarwal and his wife, Mrs Manju Agarwal" he said in a professional tone and passing a polite smile to them and me.

I don't know why but when he said 'my wife' I felt something in my stomach. I smiled at both of them and joined my hands to say Namaste to them.

"She is really beautiful" Mrs Agarwal said looking at Kiaan and I gave her a smile indicating I liked that compliment.

"Thankyou" he said and I looked at him and saw a hint of a smile on his face. The real smile that he used to give when he was younger. We all talked for a while about here and there. It was the first time I liked conversing with anyone at these parties.

"I will go sit with your parents now" Mr Agarwal said and Kiaan nodded his head passing him a smile and they both left from there leaving us standing alone again.

"Are you going to leave now" I asked him as I saw him looking at his watch. He turned his face towards me fixing me in my position with his intense gaze.

"I don't think I can" he said shaking his head once very slowly and I nodded my head in understanding and looked around the room and smiled as I saw Jyotika bhabhi.

"Hello" she said walking towards me and I smiled and side hugged her. She is the wife of one of their cousins and I have always really liked her.

"I was looking for you" she said and I looked towards her husband, Anil bhaiya walking towards us too.

"I was here only" I said replying her while Kiaan and Anil bhaiya hugged each other.