Season 1 Episode 2: Explosion

Start from the beginning

"Protect Da-" Before the familiar male voice could finish its sentence, Isaac is awoken by something splashing against his body. Quickly shooting up, Isaac scanned his room, before hearing an all too familiar laughter coming from someone close to him. 

"And that's payback for what you did a week ago!" Daniel laughed, holding a bucket in his hands. 

"What the heck was that?" Isaac questioned, his resting against his head."That wasn't like any of the other dreams I've had before. This one...felt...real," he muttered to himself, not paying any attention to his brother. 

"H-Hey...Isaac, are you okay, man? Did I...choose a bad time to get payback?" Daniel questioned, throwing the bucket to the side and placing a hand on Isaac's shoulder. 

"No...I...I'm fine. Yeah, I'm fine," Isaac smiled towards his brother.

  If that were true...then why do you seem like you're trying to convince yourself? Daniel questioned, giving his brother a concerned look.

-----------------

Walking into the kitchen, Isaac and Daniel spot their mother preparing some food, most likely her lunch, and their father sitting at the dinner table reading the newspaper. Playing on a small TV, which rested on a counter-top, a news anchor explained how, after a long 2-Year construction period, the owner of the newly made mansion has sadly passed away, leaving the property to his friend, Michael Varon. "Now, could you imagine going to school at a building like that?" Daniel nodded towards the massive fenced in white mansion that was on the TV.

 "School? Man that's more like a party house than anything." Isaac responded. 

"You think that's cool, then listen to this: 'An every growing movement dedicated to 'The One' claims ownership of the meteorite which brought the curse upon humanity over 5 decades ago,' I mean seriously, ain't that just a load of crap." Thomas shakes his head, confused as to why someone would do any of what he just read. 

"I swear, people today will do anything for a few moments of fame. I mean, hey, nowadays, your own friend might sell you out just to get something," Angelica joined in. Daniel and Isaac looked towards one another before slightly laughing at the absurdity of their parents' statement.

"Are you kids gonna need a ride to school? Anyone of us can take you today," Angelica questions, looking over and spotting her kids taking a seat at the table near their food. 

"No, I think we'll be fine," Daniel responds. Thomas shows slight concern over this decision  but Daniel quickly chimes in claiming that they'll be safe, and they won't go anywhere dangerous. Thomas and Angelica share a quick glance before agreeing that it's alright for them to go alone.

-----------------

Taking a step out into the real world, Isaac and Daniel follow the sidewalk laid before them, their movements perfectly in sync. "So, what's up with them sending us to a new school just for 8th grade, huh?" Daniel questioned looking towards Isaac, who was lost in thought. All around Isaac and Daniel, the world began to wake up with the rising of the sun, in the process revealing run down homes, houses with massive cracks in them, grass that hadn't been mowed in months. The surrounding area was a constant reminder of their financial situation back home. 

In the distance, a blaring and muffled siren could be faintly heard. What was with that dream earlier this morning? It was seriously like nothing I'd ever experienced before. Why did it feel so real, why did those voices seem so familiar? What am I missing? Isaac was fixated on his dream, not allowing a single detail to go missing.