Chapter 44

Yosei's P. O. V:

When we arrive, we find Tanjiro holding Muzan down with his nichirin blade in one of his gaping maws. Giyu and I rush over to Tanjiro and we each grip his sword to aid him. His sword now has Kyojurou's flame guard in place of his previous circular guard.

Tanjiro was surprised to see us. We continue shoving the blade into Muzan. At one point, a chip appears by the hilt of the sword, but we don't let up.

The sun continues to rise over the horizon. Once it's light hits Muzan, his body swells up into a giant. Tanjiro shoves Giyu and I backwards before Muzan completely absorbs us.

"Tanjiro!" Giyu and I cry out as we throw out a hand. Muzan was trying to re-enter the shade. A bunch of lower ranked Demon Slayers drop the awning off a building and it collapses on top of Muzan.

"Got him!" One of them cheers. Then some Kakushi drive a car over Muzan in an attempt to keep him down.

"Stay down!" The Kakushi yells. He jumps out right before he could be crushed by Muzan's huge fist.

The Kakushi then push the bus in order to try to block Muzan's path. "Push, push, push, push, puuuush!"

"Don't back down! No matter what!!" A male Kakushi encourages. "The Hashiras can't fight anymore! Don't back down. Push on. As long as we're all together, there's nothing to fear!"

Shinazugawa was there and unleashing his Seventh Form, Gale Sudden Gust. He says, "You filthy persistent garbage! I'm telling you to go down already!"

Muzan was climbing over the bus.

"Uaagh, he's going over!" A Kakushi exclaims.

"Wh-What should we do?" Asks another. Just then, Himejima throws his chain and latches it around Muzan's neck to hold him back. A couple of Kakushi aid him.

They eventually manage to pull him over but Muzan was already trying to dig his way underground in order to get away from the rising sun.

Himejima calls, "He's about to go underground! Attack and shave off Muzan's stamina!"

Giyu uses his Constant Flux form while I use Lunar Ultima Beam. Shinazugawa then uses his Fifth Form, Winter Gale, sending out circular slashes. Iguro uses his Forth Form, Twin Snake Slash to send out twin snakes at Muzan that attack him.

Suddenly, one of the chains the Kakushi and Himejima are holding snaps off.

Blood spurts from Muzan's stump of an arm and he cries out in agony. His body begins to crumble away under the rising sun.

                         🗡🗡🗡

I couldn't stop the tears of joy at the thought of Muzan being defeated from flowing.

I whirl around and throw myself on my boyfriend in a fierce hug, surprising him slightly. "We did it!! We won, Yu-kun!" I cheer, feeling him hug me back with one arm.

The other Kakushi and lower ranked Demon Slayers cry tears of joy as well as they hug one another.

"We won! We defeated Muzan!"

"Muzan is dead!"

"We aren't done yet!" Exclaims a Kakushi as Giyu and I pull back and smile at one another. "Go treat the wounded!"

"Shift to emergency aid!"

"Stop blubbering and pull yourselves together!"

"Yosei-chan," Says Giyu, gaining my attention.

"Yes?"

"This may not be the proper place or setting, but, I couldn't think of a better time to tell you," Says Giyu seriously.