Chapter 5

Yosei's P. O. V:

I wait in my hiding spot for Giyu to lure the poisonous flower wielding demon to me. I was hidden between two buildings in Minami town. Two years have passed since our first meeting of that strange boy and his demon sister, and Giyu and I have been going on missions together since.

I look up at a commotion to see a red haired demon woman leap out backwards before me. It was followed by the Water Hashira, swinging his shiny blue nichirin sword.

The demon dances back and Giyu follows it before flicking his gaze to my spot. "Yosei-chan! It's heading your way!"

I nod my head before I ready my katana.

"Fairy Breathing," I think, "First Form, Gleaming Slash!" I slash a few times to send out multiple pink slashes of my katana. The demon sees the attack and goes to dodge but I manage to hack off an arm, making her hiss in anger.

"So, another Hashira was hiding," She muses as I step out from my spot. Her green orbs narrow dangerously. "You'll regret cutting off my arm!" It regenerates as I run at her and swing my sword again. She deflects it with her claws.

"Blood Demon Art, Anthokinesis: Poisonous Cherry Blossom!" A cherry blossom branch grows from the ground and I gasp as it releases a deadly-looking mist.

I warn my teammate, "Giyu-kun, be careful! It's poisonous!" He mutters his understanding and attacks the demon with his Fourth Form: Striking Tide.

"Fairy Breathing, Second Form: Elegant Spirit Time Bomb!" I lunge at the demon as I thrust my katana forward. A pink Bomb is placed on her shoulder before it explodes into a torrent of pink and purple flames, knocking her back.

"Water Breathing, Third Form: Flowing Dance," Says Giyu before twisting his katana along his body and thrusting it at the demon. She dances away from him.

I use my First Form again on the demon, cutting into her shoulder.

"Blood Demon Art, Anthokinesis: Reversed Wisteria Poison!" Says the demon. A wisteria tree grows out of the ground and emits a purple mist. Giyu and I pause our assault.

"That doesn't bode well," The water Hashira murmurs.

The demon laughs, "This Wisteria poison doesn't kill demons—it does the opposite by killing humans." This shocks Giyu and I.

"It effects humans?" I murmur. The demon nods her head. I ready my sword. "Fairy Breathing, Third Form: Magical Hell." I swing my sword and a red fog surrounds the demon. I then proceed to repeated slash at her, feeling my sword hit the demon only twice.

"Blood Demon Art: Red Rose Bush of Death!" My lavender eyes jerk wide when a rose bush suddenly starts to spring up towards me. I immediately jump back to avoid it, but a thorn grazes my left leg.

I hiss at the sting, landing beside Giyu.

"Yosei-chan! Are you okay?!" The black haired man asks worriedly.

I reply, "Don't worry about me, Giyu-kun."

"Blood Demon Art, Anthokinesis: Flesh Eating Butterfiies!" A swarm of butterflies rush toward us.

I swing my sword as I chant, "Fairy Breathing, Fourth Form: Pink Butterflies of Destruction." A swarm of pink butterflies forms around me and while they rejuvenate my own strength, they crash into the enemy's attack and tear right through, shocking her.

"What?!" She growls before sending another wave of butterflies at me and Giyu. Again, I meet them with my own attack, enhancing my strength even more until the pink butterflies burst through and slam into the blonde haired demon. "Blood Demon Art, Red Rose Bush of Death!"

I jump away just in time to avoid being pierced by the deadly bush.

"Water Breathing, Tenth Form: Constant Flux," Giyu murmurs before he thrusts his sword forward repeatedly. A dragon made of water roars outward and heads right for the demon. She dodges the first few strikes but one hits her side. I slash at her repeatedly with my First Form, and Giyu corners her with Striking Tide.

The demon hisses in anger before summoning another rose bush. Giyu and I leap back to avoid it.

I lunge forward and plant a time bomb on the demon's chest. She's blown back with an explosion of pink and purple flames. Giyu takes that chance to bring his sword down vertically.

"Water Breathing, Eighth Form: Waterfall Basin." Giyu brings his water covered sword down on the blonde and cuts her left arm, while I use my First Form to cut at her leg.

The demon summons another wisteria tree which causes the two of us to jump back a safe distance. I frown as the demon seems to be using the tree as a kind of shield against us.

"It's like it's using the Wisteria tree as a shield against us," Giyu realises.

I nod as I agree, "It is. We need a way around it or we'll be poisoned. My healing technique only works on my allies, not myself, and I'm barely fending off the poison with my butterfly technique..."

"One of us needs to keep her busy," Murmurs the Tomioka, "while the other slips past her guard."

"Good plan," I decide. Giyu nods his head in agreement.

"No matter what you do, you won't be able to fight off my Wisteria poison!" The demon challenges, getting another Wisteria tree ready.

"Why don't we just wait and see?!" I shoot back.

Giyu charges forward and quickly swings his katana across. "Water Breathing, First Form: Water Surface Slash!" The water covered sword swings for the demon's neck but she jerks away. "Water Breathing, Eighth Form: Waterfall Basin!" Giyu thrusts his sword down vertically, effectively cutting off the demon's right arm.

"You'll regret that, Water Hashira!" The demon seethes. "Anthokinesis: Flesh Eating Butterflies!" The butterflies swarm towards my childhood friend, but I meet them with my own, protecting him.

Giyu takes that chance to attack the demon with Striking Tide.