Chapter 41

Yosei's P. O. V:

As I stand before Akaza who's head is beginning to regenerate, I could feel I can't hear in my left ear and my right arm has gone completely numb.

But I refuse to let this demon anywhere near Tanjiro. I will protect him!

Tanjiro wakes up just then and yells, "Stoooooop!!" Akaza whips his head around, startled. Tanjiro lunges towards him but when Tanjiro goes t swing his sword, it slips from his hands. Tanjiro swings a right hook instead which connects to Akaza's cheek.

I call to Tanjiro, who is racing towards us, "Don't worry about us..." Tanjiro throws himself against Giyu and I and we're thrown into the wall to avoid an attack from Akaza.

We hit the floor with Giyu and I atop Tanjiro. When we get off him and look back at Akaza, we were stunned to find his body is torn up, as though he had attacked himself instead of us.

So now Akaza's body is crumbling.

Giyu and I look down at Tanjiro as he faints from exhaustion.

He'd protected us...

"Tanjiro..." Giyu murmurs, the both of us embedding our swords into the floor as we collapse onto our knees. Giyu bows his head. I couldn't believe Tanjiro had protected us like that...

 I couldn't believe Tanjiro had protected us like that

Giyu and I too pass out from exhaustion.

🗡🗡🗡

Giyu and I wake up before Tanjiro and we get a fire going. I help tend to Giyu's wounds. Like me, he can't hear from his left ear and his right arm has gone numb.

"There. That should do it," I mutter, finishing tying the bandages.

"Thank you, Yosei-chan," Says Giyu. He's now shirtless with bandages wrapped around his chest, stomach and arms. Giyu studies me as I sit back and wince. "You should tend to your wounds as well. Here, let me..."

I nod my head gratefully and slowly remove my haori as I turn around. After removing my shirts, I make sure to cover my chest with one as Giyu tends to my injuries.

His fingers were gentle as he wraps the bandages around my back wound. Once all the bandages were tied around my breast, I thank Giyu. I then tend to most of Tanjiro's wounds while he's unconscious. We were both still bleeding profusely so we tried to stop it, but no matter what we do, it won't stop bleeding.

"This is bad," I murmur. "We have to cauterise the wound to stop it from bleeding."

Giyu nods his head as he takes up his chipped sword. "I'll do it." I watch as he holds it over the fire and starts to burn the edges of it.

" I watch as he holds it over the fire and starts to burn the edges of it