Chapter 11

Yosei's P. O. V:

The demon sends wind blades at me but I block them with my earth wall. I then launch several time bombs at it but it weaves around them like before.

The demon growls in anger as it lunges for me but I slash at its stomach. It narrowly avoids my attack and swerves back up into the air.

I follow it with Gleaming Slash, and one blade hits the back of its right leg, severing it.

The demon hisses in anger before its leg regenerates.

I'm thrown onto my back with a wall of air but quickly get to my feet after.

The demon suddenly snatches me up and carries me into the air, about ten feet. I struggle as it laughs triumphantly. The demon proceeds to fly around with me in its grasp.

"Let. Go. Of. Me!" I grunt out. I raise my sword and plunge it deep into the demon's abdomen. It cries out as I'm suddenly dropped, but like before, I use my Seventh Form to create a wind to help soften my landing.

"Fairy Breathing, Fourth Form: Pink Butterflies of Destruction," I say and the butterflies swoop in and fill me with more strength, while the demon in the sky becomes weaker as it begins to descend, waving its arms as it attempts to shake off my swarm.

"Damn you!" The demon growls as I run at it. Reaching the brunette, I repeatedly slash my katana. It dances away. The demon attempts to fly away but was much slower than before.

I take that chance to swing my sword and chop off it's left arm. I do the same to its other arm.

"Curse you...!"

"You're finished," I say lowly before I give a final swing of my sword.

The demon's head hits the ground and rolls. It soon becomes nothing more than ash.

I breathe out and brandish my nichirin katana before I sheathe it.

I then leave the village and return to the Demon Slayer Headquarters to give my report to Oyakata-sama.

     🗡🗡🗡

"And after I'd finally been released from its grasp, I'd slayed the demon. It won't be bothering that village anymore," I conclude.

Oyakata-sama nods his head in approval, a proud smile on his face. He tells me, "Well done, Yosei. And you did well for rescuing that woman before things got too out of hand. You're on standby until your next mission."

I incline my head as I reply, "Thank you, Oyakata-sama." I then push up to my feet and exit the room.

I head back to my house and grab a snack before I go and watch TV. As I do, there's a knock on my door. Curious, I set my snack down and go to open the door, only to reveal Giyu.

"Giyu-kun," I say in slight surprise as I fight back a smile. "What a pleasant surprise. What are you doing here?"

He replies, "I heard from Oyakata-sama that you're back from your mission. Mind if I come in?"

I say, "Not at all." I step aside and Giyu enters. After closing the door, I lead him to the living room and we sit on the couch, his arm around my waist as I lean comfortably into him.

"How was your mission?" He asks.

"A success. It was a winged demon but I was able to use my Fourth Form in order to weaken it and then slay it. It tried to fly off with a woman but I stopped it just in time."

A proud smile tugs at Giyu's lips and I feel my heart flutter like crazy. Only when I'm with Giyu. "That's good. You didn't get hurt, did you?"

"Only a little but I'll be fine in a day or two," I reply. "Here, you can have some of these if you like. I made them yesterday." Giyu utters a thanks and takes up one of the sweets. I take a pink namagashi in the shape of a cherry blossom, which is a type of sweet I love.

 I take a pink namagashi in the shape of a cherry blossom, which is a type of sweet I love

Giyu bites down on it. I watch as he chews in content, before Giyu looks back at me, appearing happy.

I almost giggle at the sight before I bite into my own namagashi cherry blossom.

We soon finish the snack and I lean my head on his shoulder, his arm around me, as we watch TV together for the rest of the afternoon.

At around 5pm, I show Giyu to the door as he was leaving, even though I didn't want him to.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay for the night?" I inquire.

Giyu pauses and turns to me while just outside the door. He replies, "I'm sure. Besides, I should let you rest up from your mission."

I say insistently, "Oh, I don't mind. I actually wanted you to stay longer."

"Maybe next time?" Giyu suggests.

I sigh slightly but agree, "Alright. Next time. I'll see you tomorrow?"

Giyu nods. I quickly hug him which he returns and I pull back to watch my childhood friend leave for his own estate.

When Giyu was gone, I let out a soft sigh before I go back inside and gently shut the door.

Then I went to make sure I had everything I need for dinner that night.