Chapter 42

Yosei's P. O. V:

We remain staring at one another for another long moment.

Then, Muzan strikes first by sending out thorns on vines from his arms

Then, Muzan strikes first by sending out thorns on vines from his arms. They move incredibly fast but Giyu blocks them with his Eleventh Form while I remain behind his technique.

Tanjiro was the only one who managed to break through. Muzan lashes out at him with more thorns but Tanjiro manages to dodge it. However, Muzan lands a hit on Tanjiro which knocks him down.

As he goes to attack again, Giyu was there and snatches up the redhead. He tells him, pulling back, "Don't close the distance! We don't need to get in there! Muzan's strength can't be compared with an Upper Moon."

We were left vulnerable to attack from Muzan like this.

Muzan says, "You're buying time... waiting for the sun? The light won't reach into this fortress. Can you really manage with just four Hashira?" This stuns us. That's how many of us are left?! "The Hashira in the striped haori and the other woman Hashira already seem to have been killed by my subordinates you know."

Muzan sends out more thorns to attack us.

I call warningly, "Tanjiro!"

Tanjiro tries to dodge but seems to be out of breath. A thorn pierces his right eye.

"Tanjiro!" Giyu and I exclaim fearfully.

Just then, a familiar figure looms above Muzan. "Knock it off!" Kanroji screams as she swings her sword from behind the demon. So Kanroji is still alive!! The pinkette unleashes her Sixth Form and lashes out at Muzan with several slashes. "Direct hit!" Konraji's attack misses the demon.

Iguro crouches defensively in front of Tanjiro, much to his surprise. "You'll just become a hindrance, brat," Iguro tells him. "You should get out of here now."

"Iguro-san... I'm so glad you're alive... and Kanroji-san, too," Tanjiro says with tears leaking down his cheeks.

"....... Rather than others, how about you worry about yourself first!" The Serpent Hashira suggests.

Muzan yells in fury, "What the hell are you doing, Nakime!!"

"What am I doing?" Asks a male voice. "I'm manipulating this woman's vision. Muzan, you have committed the heaviest sin in this world. You took Tamayo-sama from me. I'll make you kneel in regret! From here on, I will drive you above ground!"

Just then, the whole fortress begins shaking.

🗡🗡🗡

I get pushed a little away from Giyu even though he tried to grab me to keep me close. I make sure I wasn't pulled too far from him.

I hear the boy from before screaming in pain. "Aaaaahhh!!"

Muzan tells him, "You're in my way! Get lost!"