Chapter 31

Yosei's P. O. V:

The next two days go by uneventful, which I was grateful for. I was just hanging out in my temporary room when there's a knock on my door.

I'm wearing along sleeved yellow kimono with purple flowers and a wide purple flower and red obi, my brown hair up in a bun.

I turn from my desk as I call out, "Err, come in." The door opens to reveal Giyu, not injured at all from the look of it, much to my relief. I gasp happily and make a bee line for him, surprising the Tomioka as I throw myself on him in a hug.

Giyu catches me as he returns the hug. He says, "I was only gone for two days."

I reply as I bury my head in his shoulder, "Well, to me, it feels more like two weeks." Giyu chuckles and continues to hold me.

How I want nothing more than to kiss him right now!

"How have things been at the Butterfly Estate?" Asks Giyu when I finally pull back.

"Uneventful," I respond, my hands still around his neck. "Tsukino hasn't once tried to make his move on me, which I thought was strange."

Giyu murmurs, playing with a strand of my hair, "Well, that's a good thing, isn't it?"

I appear doubtful. "I don't know. I'm both relieved and confused."

Giyu muses, "Maybe it's because you stayed at the Butterfly Estate and Tsukino was smart enough to know he couldn't try to take you."

"Maybe."

Giyu jerks his head as he says, "Let's go home."

I say as I smile, "Just let me grab my bag, and I'll make your favourite tonight." Giyu's blue orbs sparkle at that. He helps me to pack before we say goodbye and I thank Kocho. We walk back to Giyu's estate with hands clasped. It was only late afternoon, around 4pm. "Oh, I found out recently that Nezuko-chan has adapted my hairstyle."

Giyu blinks his eyes in surprise as he glances to me and I giggle. "She did?"

I. I'd my head as I reply, "Uh huh!"

Giyu smiles warmly as he squeezes my hand. We soon reach his estate and I unpack my bag.

Giyu and I relax around the house for the next few hours, before I decide to start dinner. Giyu watches me with a warm smile from the low table.

Right when the simmered daikon was finished, we head a couple of caws from outside. Gogh and I look to see our Kusagai Crows flapping out the kitchen window.

Giyu gets up and goes over to open the window. The crowd sit on the sill and I join them as they deliver the message.

"Caw, caw, Giyu Tomioka and Yosei Senshi," Begins Kanzaburo.

"You're to go to a forest six hours away to the east! A demon has been sighted," Finishes my crow, Mori.

"Caw, a demon has been sighted six hours away from here, to the east!" Kazanburo repeats.