Chapter Sixty-Three

I wore a dress, a pink one covered in lace. One Dominic had bought me, but compared to the Hunter's, I felt underdressed.

We met at a restaurant with expensive furniture and silverware, and lavish food. Beautiful chandeliers hung down, large and extravagant. I wondered how the Hunters could pay for such an expensive looking place.

For the first ten minutes, as we were seated and ordered are drinks, Dominic still hadn't arrived and I came to assume he wouldn't show, as he had done other times.

I went to grab a napkin to place my sweating drink on when I saw his tall frame maneuver around the other tables. He wore an outfit of complete black, excluding the silver ring wrapped on his thumb. His sleeves were rolled up to the elbows, exposing his veiny arms.

I looked at his wide shoulders and then to his waist, and blushed, realizing he was looking at me the same way.

He sat down beside me, and I stiffened when he put his arm around the back of my chair. Clara watched uneasily, more aware of the men in the surrounding room. When Mini glanced up she gave a small, pleased smile, this only making the color in my cheeks deepen. Katie, intent on watching one of the young waiters, didn't care to notice.

"I didn't know if you were going to join us tonight or not, Dominic," Mini said, glancing between him and I.

"I got all my work done," he said emotionlessly.

Mini gave a small closed-lip smile, and picked up her menu, humming to herself as she waited for our waiter to return.