Chapter Thirty-Three

He opened the car door for me when we pulled up to the restaurant.
"Thank you."

He hadn't said a word the entire drive, just looked at me constantly. I almost wondered if something was wrong, and I wanted to ask, but my mouth felt as if it was glued shut.

A waitor took us to our seats. The room was loud and full. Almost every table was occupied, except a small, two table one sitting in the corner.

Hesitantly, I slid off my jacket and placed it across my lap.

I watched as Dominic grabbed his chair and moved it to where he was sitting next to me instead of across from me.

He was quiet, just looking at me.

I opened my mouth to speak, but he beat me to it. "I know I should say something, but I just can't comprehend how beautiful you look."

My face warmed, and I looked down, messing with the button on my jacket.

He smiled softly, watching as I did so.
"Violet, tell me something about yourself."

I glanced up at him, removing my hands from the button I nervously messed with.
His head was leaned against his knuckles. I couldn't help but notice the veins that stuck out in his forearm. It both disgusted and stirred something inside me.

"I like pens," he smiled at me as I giggled nervously. I looked down and realized my hands were shaking.

"You've never done this, have you?" He asked, leaning closer, his voice slightly lower.

I shook my head, balling my hands into fists to stop the shaking. I hated that I was nervous. I hated that he made me feel this way.

He glanced at my hands. "Do you want to leave?"

I stared at him and then the crowded room around us, and then back to him, his blue eyes boring into mine.

He knew, and I didn't even have to answer him. He grabbed his black jacket, and we left.