I kiss her neck "you should pack more than just clothes for dinner. We can pack it all up and move you in, officially."

Emery glances over her shoulder at me, she slowly nods "I don't know... that's fast."

I can't help but laugh a little "Emery you are going to be my wife in less than a month, and we are having a baby together. I think it's the perfect time for you to move in officially."

Emery laughs a little and nods slowly.

"You are still nervous, about us," I whisper against her skin.

Emery hesitates, looking off into the distance for a moment before she turns to me. "I don't know Colin. There are still things about what happened last time... we haven't talked about it really."

I sigh heavily and gently coax her to turn around so she can gaze into my eyes. "I am so sorry about what happened. It never should have happened. I never should have let it..."

"But you like it. You got off on the pain you inflicted," Emery breathes. "I saw it in you, I saw what you meant, that you needed it..."

"Emery, I don't need it. I need you more, this baby more. I will find a way to get rid of that part of me. I want to. The idea of setting that part of me loose again makes me sick. I want to heal, to not be broken and fucked up," I say earnestly, gazing up at her, I cup my hand against her cheek and brush my thumb down her skin. "I want love and dedication and loyalty and respect to be enough."

Emery gazes at me, searching my eyes for a moment before she slowly nods. "If we go now, I can pack a bag at least, have some clothes here."

I smile and nod. "Course we can go now. I'll just go get changed so I'm ready for dinner."

"Wear that black suit," Emery requests with a small smile. "It's my favourite."

I laugh kissing her forehead "yes, Miss Palmer."

Emery giggles before she slides off my lap and onto the couch.

I press a warm affectionate kiss to her lips and smile when I feel her hand come up to brush my cheek, giving my growing beard a gentle tug. When I pull away, she smiles at me.

"I like this by the way," she whispers playing with the hair on my cheek.

"The beard?" I ask with a small, amused smile.

"Yeah, it's spiky, I like it," Emery says.

I smile and laugh kissing her forehead. "Well, I guess it can stay." I get to my feet brushing my thumb down her cheek before I walk down the hall to my bedroom. I do wear a pair of black slacks and a suit jacket, but I change out the black collared shirt and tie for a light gray one. I don't want to be all darkness anymore. I want there to be a little light.

When I am finished getting ready, I find Emery back in the nursery. She is sitting in the rocking chair slowly swaying back and forth her hand resting on her stomach. I smile warmly leaning against the doorframe. Before my eyes I can see the family, we will have. I can picture Emery sitting in that chair, a baby in her arms, staring up at her with an adorable baby smile. A smile our daughter got from her mother. I can see us sharing the milestones of our little girl and picturing them all over this house. I can see this house finally turning from a house to a home. The home I had in mind when I designed it.

God, she is incredible. Thank God, I found her. Thank God she was the one I knocked up. Thank God she had the mother she did. I know that is one of the many reasons that Emery turned into the woman she is today. I like that I am the only one Emery has, but I also wish that I could have got a chance to meet her mother. To thank the woman who raised such an incredible woman.