Makoto Tachibana x Reader

Thought I'd do a Makoto one because it seems that people liked the Haru one.

Thanks for 900 reads! That's only 100 from 1000. MY GOODNESS.

~

Ringing. It was everywhere, encasing you in the obnoxious sound of itself. Ring! Ring! Ring!

A tear slipped down your cheek as you saw it was Makoto calling you, him causing this terrible sound to bounce around the walls of the bathroom. Another tear silently carves its path to your chin.

 Ring! Ring! Ring!

 "Shut up, won't you?" you whispered. The ringing continued. "Can't you just be quiet?!" you screamed, picking up the phone and throwing it at the door. It hit the ground with a crack. The rings ceased. "Thank you," you exhaled.

You turned your attention back to the task at hand. The bottle shook in your hand, the contents soon to be down your throat. You watched as your other hand came to the top of the bottle and untwisted the safety cap, placed it on the sink edge. Your head moved to the mirror, your eyes settling on someone who wasn't entirely you. Messed up hair, makeup smeared, a face without a fake smile.

The bottle tipped over, its contents dropping into your palm. Your hand drew closer to your mouth as you thought, Who have I become? You swallowed the pills, as the answer to your question surfaced. Someone I don't want to be.

Your eyes peeled open to see white. White walls, white ceiling, white floor, white sheets, white clothing. Everything was white. Is this what the afterworld looks like?

No, it wasn't the afterworld. The pain would've disappeared, right? After this thought, you realized that you were in a hospital. "Why am I here? Can I not even kill myself?" you spoke.

"(Y/N)? Did you say that?" Of course he was here. Of course he was the one who found you. Who 'saved' you.

"Why?" was the only word that slipped out of your mouth.

"Because I couldn't let you leave me. I couldn't let you leave everything in this world behind. I couldn't let you leave before seeing all of the beautiful things when you've only seen the terrible things. Because I love you, (Y/N)." A hand slipped into yours. "This time, I'll make sure you're happy. I'll make sure that you aren't alone, that you don't want to die. Okay?"

You nodded, eyes boring into his green ones. "Okay, Makoto."

The two of your hands stayed intertwined, a silent promise made between the both of you.

~

Well. Poop. That ending was pretty darn bad.

Also, I apologize for not putting a potential trigger warning in the beginning. I wanted to leave a sort of I-don't-know-what-is-happening feeling.

BUT if you ever have thoughts of suicide, please talk to someone. You can even talk to me, if you want. People do care about you and no one wants you to disappear.

<3

~

Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated so feel free to leave some in the comments below! Or just leave a comment in general. Thanks for reading!