Chapter 28: "Marie Miller"

- Snowfall -

01:43 ━━━━●───── 03:50

I got discharged the following Monday -earlier than usual- Silver came to pick me up from the hospital with his father. He negotiated with James. My older brother wasn't favorable because he wanted me to rest in a calm place. The Henderson's household was different from what he had in mind. But, somehow, he accepted. He will come to get me at 10 pm.

Cole was happy as usual so he sang every song that played. At home, he kissed his wife all happy. She asked him what made him happier than usual and he finally revealed the big news. 

"We got the approbation to extend the store. So tonight, you and I, are going to the restaurant."

"Just us two?"

He nods and they kiss. We leave them alone and get into the living room. We sit on the couch.

"I'm truly happy for my father. He has been waiting for this permission for two years now."

"Wow, two years. He's so patient. I wouldn't be able to wait all this time."

"Yeah no joke: you can't even wait two days without jumping in a pool."

I give him a death stare. That was five months ago; can he stop? My stare doesn't scare him anymore but makes him laugh. We talked a little before his mom came in. She took my temperature - because she was worried, I guess- and gave us some drink. 

The twins walk in, talking loud enough that the whole house could hear them. So loud, that I can't hear what Silver is saying. He figures out that I can't hear him and turn to look at Laurence and Jess. 

"Hey! The goblins! Can you keep it down?" 

They look at us and notice I'm here. They greet us - with an insult for Silver- and go up the stairs. Now that I think about it. He called them goblins? Does he have a deal with those weird nicknames? 

"Hey Silver, you call me Demonia, right?"

"Yes, not my fault you were acting like a demon when we first met." 

"You call Millie Satan and the twins 'goblins'. So what are you a 'gremlin'?" 

He smiles like he's happy I'm asking this question. As he been waiting for me to ask? 

"Demonia, I'm obviously an angel!"

"Yeah right, like I'd believe that."

He looks dead serious and he sounds proud of himself. His mom walks to us and hugs him from behind. 

"It's true, 'Marie'. The only calm baby in our big family. He was a real angel as a baby."

"See? I told you." 

"Yeah, yeah I believe you 'Angel', I sign with my hand."

His mom laughs and kisses his cheeks before announcing she going to take a shower because her husband is done. I guess even after twenty years of marriage you still take care of your appearance on a date. I've never seen a movie about two old people falling in love. Does it exist? It should. Maybe a classic love story between the backer girl and her client but with old people. Silver waves his hand before my eyes. 

"Demonia? Did calling me 'Angel' kill you?"

"Yep, it did. I'm currently dying." 

I fake dying. He laughs and I smile. It's so easy to smile with him now. I could forget the rest of the world even existed. He suggests we play Mario Kart and I accept. Later, the parents Miller walk down the stairs. They look beautiful. Look like they are going to an important reception, like a banquet or something similar. Silver compliments them as I don't dare to say a word. Cole walks out of the house to start the car and his wife comes closer to the couch. She kissed our forehead and looked at her son.