Chapter 12: Silver Henderson

-Hey, Soul Sister-

0:51 ━━●────── 03:32

"Bordel de merde mais tu va arrêter de jeter des pierres à ma fenêtre ?!" 

What did she say? I don't understand a thing but with the context, I'm pretty sure she's insulting me. Can't blame her, I'm throwing rocks at her windows. She looks at me from the first floor, did she recognize me or do I need to send her a message? 

"Qu'est-ce que tu veux, Silver ?" 

She said my name but I didn't understand what she said.

"I didn't understand what you said, Demonia."

She rolled her eyes. I can't see it but I feel like she did. 

"What do you want?"

"I want to take you somewhere."

"So why didn't you ask James to let you enter? Isn't it better than throwing rocks at my window?"

"Because it's a car ride. Come on, hurry."

She hesitates a second but accepts. After taking her jacket and closing her windows from outside, she carefully got down. I let her enter my father's old car which is mine now and enter right after. She looks at me, desperate. 

"Wait- didn't you get your driver's license last week?" 

"Good memory, Demonia. I got it last week and that's exactly why I'm not asking James for permission. He won't accept."

She sigh, probably blaming herself for what she just accepted. I start the car and leave the neighborhood. I'd concentrate on the road but I keep an eye on her. I still can't believe she accepted, maybe she felt forced. I hope it's not that. We enter the highway, the old radio is playing Hey, Soul Sister by Train.

"Are you going to tell me where we're going?" 

"Sure," I say laughing. "When we arrive." 

She hits my arm. It was more gentle than usual. It's probably because I'm driving and she doesn't want to have an accident. Understandable. She gets her eyes back on the road. 

"If James finds out I went outside past midnight, he's going to have a heart attack."

"Relax, Demonia, he won't know a thing. Why would he go into your room at 1:50?"

"How do you think he knew I was at the pool and not in my room two months ago?" 

"The first time we met? Does he check your room every night?" 

"Only because he knows I go out often at night."

I laugh.

"This is your fault, Demonia."

She sighs and looks at the window before turning to me again. After a quick look at her phone, she asks:

"Hey, why did you come for me? From what I see, Liam is still up: he streams on Discord."

"With who? And wait, you've discord?"

"Rebecca. And Liam forced me so I can be in the server. They're both awake so why me?" 

"Because both of them are sun people, right?"

"Rebecca is more of a sunset person."

"Same thing, you're the only night person in the group, and what I want to show you will only be appreciated by someone like me."

"Night person? Someone like you? I'm even more scared now."

I laugh and open our windows a little. Her hair starts flying in every way and so is mine. I laugh even more as she tries to attach some hair that are flying around to her main bun. 

"You know you're annoying, right?" she says, annoyed.

"I'll take this as a compliment, thank you Demonia."

She doesn't try to argue and closes her windows. A while later I quit the highway to park in a motorway service area. We got out of the car. I get our bag as she tries to figure out where we are. 

"Where are we?"

"In the middle of nowhere," I answer.

"You know, it's weird to take someone in here in the middle of the night." 

"You're the one who's weird, Demonia."

She rolls her eyes while I laugh. I take a look around us and start walking.

"Come on, it's over here."

She catches me up and we walk together in the forest. Not really a forest but there's a lot of trees. I discovered this place a long time ago when I was coming back from vacation with my family. We're playing ball in the motorway service area, we lost the ball in the forest and yes, I was the one designed to go get it. I got lost, of course. I spend three hours in this place before my parents finally found me. Now this  motorway service area is kind of abandoned. 

"And here we are!"

In the middle of this forest, there is a beautiful spot. Surrounded by the threes, the river passe by here. We can see the moon, the stars and hear the sound of the water. "Marie" walk in the place looking around her. 

"I admit a source of water surrounded by threes is beautiful but what does this has to do with being a night person. Liam or Rebecca could like place."

"Nah uh, look up, Demonia. The stars, beautiful, and shiny. Without the town's light, we can see more of them. James told me you like the stars ..."

I turn to see her and she's sitting on the ground looking at the stars like it's the most beautiful thing she has ever seen in her life. What is this expression? Can it even exist? Is it legal to be this amazed by the black sky? I lay down next to her, not too close so I don't disturb her, and start watching the moon. She's has beautiful as ever. The only sound I hear is the wind and marie breath. It's calming and I'm glad, I can come back here after so many years. 

I don't know how much times we've spend here but we were bought back to reality by my phone ringing because my father called me. I have to go back, so I drive marie back to James house. I park before the house, and wait. "Marie" gets out of the car but doesn't move. She is staring at her window. I get out of the car to see what's happening. The windows is broken. 

"Appelle la police, Silver."

She rush to the house and climb the wall. 

"What are you doing?!" I whisper loud enough.

" I'm gonna check on James, call the fucking cops," she respond trying to be as quiet as possible. 

" 'Marie-'!"

And she's in. I call 911, staring at the door. This girl is too unconscious I swear.  

"911, what's your emergency?"

"Someone broke into my friends house and they're both in it."

"Are they hurt?"

"I don't know- be fast please."

She asks for my informations and I tell her everything as fast as I can. Should have called my dad, it would have been over by now. I hear sirene.

"They are here, thank you."

I let the cop take over and I just stood next to their car. They come out with three people. James, marie and an unknown person. Another cop is carrying a bag probably full of stolen stuff. I walk to James who is in shock. 

"Are you alright, James?"

" Why didn't you stop her?!" He screams pointing at 'Marie' with his finger. 

"Hey don't blame me, she climbed the wall before I could even blink." 

" You climbed the wall?"

"Of course I did-"

"Unbelievable, you two are unbelievable!"

The cops come to us, they take us one by one to ask us about what happened. I have to call a legal representative so I called my father. After this we called everyone to know if someone could let marie sleep at their house because James think it's too dangerous for her. Liam agreed. Great.

Amnesiac swimmerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें