𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙊𝙣𝙚

•

"You need to go," I blurted the words out before I'd thought them through, staring at Min-Seok with wide eyes.

His stare snapped to me and I saw a line of anger pass through his eyes, "Excuse me?"

I rushed forwards, pulling him away from the window, "If Ares is really here and he finds you with me, he'll know you helped me. He'll kill you!"

His frown deepened, "He'll kill you too. I'm not leaving you alone, not with that many cars outside."

"How many are there?" I fret, moving around him to peek through the curtains.

"About ten, give or—"

"Oh my God," I cut him off, backing away from the window quickly, my heart sinking with dread as I realised who was outside.

"What?" He grabbed my arm, pulling me to him, "What did you see?"

"Achilles," I chocked out, "the Mamushi.. they're there too. Ares and Achilles are facing each other."

Min-Seok's face drained of its colour and I was sure I didn't look any better.

"What now?" I asked, "There's nothing we can do, nowhere we can go."

Min-Seok shook his head slowly, "There has to be a way, there always is. There's probably only about twenty members of each gang out there and—"

"And only two of us," I cut him off gently, reaching up to stroke his face, "and there's a good chance they only want me."

"No," he protested immediately, "they'll kill you the second you go down there."

"Probably," I nodded in agreement, "but it'll give you time to get away."

"I'm not going to run!" Min-Seok snapped, "I'm not going to live on the account of someone else's death and especially not yours!"

"You don't have a choice," I mumbled softly, already trying to think of a way to incapacitate him for long enough so I could leave. He had to stay safe. It would be the only thing I could give him; it wasn't love and it wasn't a runaway plan but it was a chance for him to keep living, even if he wasn't happy with the outcome.