𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙉𝙞𝙣𝙚

•

"Well?" Jun-Myeon grinned the second I stepped into his office, "Did you get her?"

I nodded, keeping my face purposely blank, "We did but there are lots of casualties."

"That doesn't matter," he stood up from behind his desk, coming towards me to slap his hands down on my shoulders. "We got the prize, that's what matters."

I fought to keep my face impassive, ignoring the giggles that escaped Carrie's throat as she filed her nails on the sofa of Ares's office. "Echo managed to shoot Flare, Ash and Matteo."

"So?" Ares frowned in confusion,

"So you should go and visit them in the medical bay," I grit out, "along with Ram who is still in a coma."

"They'll be fine," Ares shrugged, slapping my shoulders again, making me wince as my stitches were jolted. "Why are you flinching? Did you get hit too?"

I bit the inside of my cheek as he lifted my shirt casually, a low whistle leaving his mouth as he eyes the stitched up wound above my hip.

"Either she's that good or you're all fucking weak," Ares scoffed, dropping my shirt, his fingers reaching to undo one of the buttons on it. "Relax, you got her, you can pay her back ten times over for what she gave you."

"Why is she here?" I finally asked what everyone had been wondering, "Shadow was the logical target, he was the one who shot Ram."

"Echo was there too, Seokie," Carrie's fake cutesy voice called out, "she could have stopped Shadow but she didn't. If you ask me, she's just as much to blame."

"No one asked you," I muttered, keeping my eyes on Ares.

Ares smirked, leaning back on his desk, his hand reaching back for his tumbler of whiskey, "Do you know why Echo was given her code name?"

I swallowed, anger bubbling up inside me as he prolonged answering the question, "No."

Ares nodded slowly, taking a sip of his drink before he lowered it again. "There was a rumour, a long time ago, that the reason Achilles promoted her so quickly was because he was afraid of her."