𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

•

"Let me speak to Achilles," I demanded, shoving Mirror back into the wall as he continued to block me from entering the boss's office.

"No can do, Achilles's orders," Taec-Yeon shrugged, "no one is allowed in his room except Shadow."

I shoved him again, "You know you lied just as much as I know you lied. Si-Yeon would never betray Gong Yoo, never." I stabbed his chest with my finger, sneering up at him, "Tell the fucking truth, you stupid motherfucker!"

"You shouldn't swear," Mirror frowned mockingly, reaching out to pat my shoulder, "I get it. I do, I'm just as hurt as you are by Echo's betrayal but—"

I drew back my leg, kicking him directly in the shin before I backed away from him, watching him flail around in pain. "She's going to pay you back for this; she won't give up until she sees you dead and I'm going to be the one who makes sure she knows you did this to her."

His head snapped up to me, his false sympathy now gone, replaced by the true reflection of his feelings, "She won't ever come back here."

"She will," I scoffed, "she will and she'll give you exactly what you deserve."

Mirror straightened himself out, taking a step towards me, "You should be careful, Gabby, if you keep running your mouth like that, you might piss some people off."

I glared at him, reaching back to run my finger over my gun for comfort, "I'm not afraid of you and I never will be. You're just a leech."

"I didn't mean me," he grinned suddenly, tilting his head a little, "I work directly under Shadow... if I tell him about this bullshit you keep sprouting, he might decide to get rid of you."

"He can try," I shot back, "and if he does, a bullet with his name carved in it will be waiting for him."

I turned to walk away, making sure my hair slapped his face as I went, my heels clicking loudly down the corridor.

I had spent the last week trying to speak to Achilles, trying to force him to see reason; I'd tried to convince him, Maria and everyone else who came in front of me that Echo was in danger. I couldn't lie and say I wasn't running out of hope, very slowly but pretty surely.