Chapter 1-10

Chapter 1
A young girl with a scarf on her head jumped down from a tree seven or eight meters high and found a plant with bright red flowers and fruits - wild ginseng.

There were seven or eight plump sparrows on both sides of her shoulders, chirping without knowing what to say.

Hua Ya thought they were too noisy, so she flicked the beak of one of them, and immediately all the plump sparrows closed their beaks.

Hua Ya smiled crookedly and moved her hands quickly.

Digging wild ginseng for her is not as troublesome as others, and she needs to pay tribute and tie it with a red rope. She took a small rake and quickly dug out the wild ginseng as if it were a sweet potato. She also threw it into the basket behind her like a sweet potato.

From a place rarely visited by humans, two more unknown birds flew in. A lot of yelling at the flower buds. The flower bud, which was originally going to go down the mountain to the north, temporarily changed its direction and followed the direction of the bird for half an hour. Finally, where they were hovering, I saw another wild ginseng hidden under the fallen leaves.

She was not in a hurry to get the ginseng. She put down the basket and took out a bag of corn pellets, grabbed a large handful and scattered them at her feet. The birds following her flapped their wings and fought for each pellet.

When they finished eating, the flower buds had already dug up the second wild ginseng of the day.

She leaned under the tree and took a sip of water from the aluminum kettle, then took out a porcelain bowl and poured water for the birds. It starts to get cooler in October, and the temperature in the mountains is seven to eight degrees lower than outside.

He took off the gauze scarf on his head and shook it, and a few dead leaves fell on it. In order to prevent insects from crawling into her ears and nose when entering the mountains, she would cover her face with a gauze scarf every time.

It's almost time to rest, and dusk is coming. After she stood up and confirmed the direction, she wrapped her gauze scarf and carried the basket on her back and walked down the mountain. It's hard to imagine that a girl with a slender figure can carry a heavy basket and walk so lightly that she can't feel the weight of the basket at all.

If it would take an ordinary person most of a day to walk out of Erfei Mountain, Huaya only needs two hours. She had no fear of heights at all. She climbed from the primitive rocks to the mountainside, and then from the mountainside to the trail without even hanging a protective rope.

It's just that such behavior is too dangerous in the eyes of others. If her father sees it, she will have to give her a lesson.

Hua Ya found the place agreed with her father - a huge horizontal dead tree. The sunny side of the dead tree is covered with elm-yellow mushrooms, clusters of fat and tender ones, with golden cores.

The flower bud took out a knife and gently cut it to the root, and without saying a word, began to pick the flowers in the basket.

This is her father's "den".

The so-called "nests" are places that mountain runners in the south discovered by themselves and can bring huge harvests.

Experienced mountain runners go to fixed locations for picking every year. Most of these locations are various mushroom nests, bracken nests and bamboo shoot nests. These places are kept secret and belong to every mountain runner's own secret place.

Just halfway through picking, her father's voice came from the distance: "Oh - ho -"

The fat sparrows on the shoulders flew away silently, and Hua Ya stood up and shouted: "Oh - ho -"