Chapter 20 - End of Internships

Start from the beginning

With a sigh of relief, I pushed my room door open, the sight of my bed an inviting promise of rest. Careful not to crash into any furniture, I moved to plug in my dead phone, letting it charge as I collapsed onto the bed. Fatigue hit me like a tidal wave, and I succumbed to its embrace, my senses surrendering to sleep.

The following day, I awoke in the midafternoon, cocooned in a nest of blankets as if I was hiding from the world. For a small moment, the pain in my side seemed distant, but reality quickly reasserted itself, a hint of discomfort reminding me of my recent ordeal. I groaned softly, attempting to reposition myself while squinting at the blinding daylight outside the window. Why is it so bright outside? My fingers found my phone, and I carefully unplugged it, only to be met with notifications that filled the screen.

5 Unread Messages from : Lunch Bunch ☕

17 Unread Messages from : Denki

I tapped on the notification from the Lunch Bunch group chat, a pang of curiosity mixed with a hint of guilt. Why would they be reaching out to me?

Lunch Bunch ☕

Jiro

Y/N you okay ??

Denki has been texting us

non stop asking about you

He said you werent answering your phone

7:18 am

Yoayorozu

Please let us know if youre okay

We're really worried <3

7:21 am

Y/N Yamada

Im sorry you guys
There was an incident at my internship

My phone died and i had to go to the er

Im okay tho !

3:46 pm

Closing the chat, I figured they were likely busy in their own internships right now. With a touch of hesitation, I opened Denki's individual messages, a hint of guilt tugging at my conscience for not responding earlier, even though I had no way of knowing he was growing concerned.

Denki

Hey Y/N !

How did your mission go ?

10:41 pm

Denki

Maybe youre still out ?

Ill text you later :))

Just lemme know when youre home

12:14 am

Denki

Hey Im kinda worried

Are you okay?

Please text me

1:32 am

Denki

I really hope youre oky