30 My Dad

I sat in between Harry and Hermione, tightly holding onto Harry's waist as we sat on the back of Buckbeak. We flew through the sky, heading towards the Dark Tower.

"You were right, Hermione. It wasn't my dad I saw earlier. It was me!" Harry smiled. "I saw myself conjuring the Patronus before. I knew I could do it this time because... well, I had already done it. Does that make sense?"

"No." Hermione answered. "But I don't like flying!" She screamed as Buckbeak flew down.

"Then how does it make sense to me?" I question.

—————

"Bombarded!" I yelled, blasting the cell door open. We all got back on Buckbeak including my Father.
We flew down to the courtyard. My Dad, laughing and smiling as we flew.

My Dad helped me down off the back of Buckbeak.

"I'll be forever grateful for this." Sirius told us. " to the three of you."

"I want to go with you." Harry said.

"One day, perhaps." Sirius told him. "For some time, my life will be too unpredictable. And besides... you're meant to be here."

"But you're innocent." I say.

"And you both know it." My Dad told us sitting here and I down on the bench. "And for now, that will do. Harry, I expect you're tired of hearing this... but you looks so like your Father. Except your eyes. You have—"

"My Mother's eyes." Harry finished.

"It's cruel that I spent so much time with James and Lily, and you so little. But know this: the ones that love us never really leave us. And you can always find them... in here." My Dad gently put his hand on Harry's chest chest where his heart was.

"Dad..."

"My sweet girl, I wish I could go back and be with you as you grew up. I thought you were dead all those years, you and your Mother, but you live." He held my face.

"Can I stay with you?" I hope.

"Your Mother would kill me if I didn't." My Dad said. "I'll be waiting for you at the station.

"You really are the brightest which of your age." My Dad told Hermione as he got back on Buckbeak. Buckbeak ran off and flew into the night sky.

We heard the first chime of the clock.

"We have to go." Hermione pulled us along.

We ran through the castle, making it to the door of the hospital wing just as Dumbledore was leaving.

"Well?"

"He's free." Harry told Dumbledore.

"We did it." I smile.

"Did what? Good night." Dumbledore walked past us.

We walked into the hospital wing just as I our passed selves left.

"I was talking to you there. And now you're there." Ron asked, frightened, pointing. "

"What's he talking about?" Hermione turned to us.

"I don't know." Harry shook his head.

"Honestly, Ron, how can anybody be in two places at once?" I say.

Hermione and Harry both laughed.

"You need to get back into the bed." Hermione said looking at me. "You're white."

I looked down at my side to see the blood staining my shirt.
Harry put it around me and help me to the bed.

"I'll go get Madame Pomfrey." Hermione ran off.

————

Couple days later I was out of the hospital wing. I wrote a letter to my Father. I hoped it would get to him. One thing that I added in it was that Harry's broom has been broken by the Whomping Willow during the last Quidditch game. I wasn't sure if he'd be able to get one though.

I found Harry and we both went to the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom to see Lupin. We walked into his office and we could see he busy packing up.

"Hello Harry and (Y/n)." Lupin greeted. "I saw you two coming." He looked at the Marauders Map on his desk. I haven't known that Harry had lost it yet but I guess he did. "I've looked worse, believe me. And I apologize (Y/n) for the harm I have caused you."

"I am quite all right you do not have to worry, Professor." I tell him.

"You've been sacked?" Harry asked.

"No." Lupin shook his head. "No. I resigned, actually."

"Resigned? Why?" Harry wondered.

"Well, it seems that somebody let slip the nature of my condition. This time tomorrow, the owls will start arriving in the Parents will not want... a umm... well, someone like me teaching their children." Lupin explained.

"But Dumbledore—" I hoped.

"He has already... risked enough on my behalf. Besides, people like me are... Well, let's just say that I'm used to it by now." With the wave of his wand, he finished up his parking. "Why do you look so miserable (Y/n)?" Lupin asked.

"None of it made any difference." I said. "Pettigrew escaped."

"Ddn't make any difference? (Y/n), it made all the difference in the world. You two uncovered the the truth. You both saved an innocent man from a terrible fate. It made a great deal of a difference." Lupin told me. "I am proud of anything... it is of how much you two have learned this year. Now, since I am no longer your teacher... I feel no guilt whatsoever about giving this back to you both." Lupin said walking over to the open Marauders Map. "So now I'll say goodbye, Harry, (Y/n). I feel sure we'll meet again sometime. Until then. Mischief manage." We watched as the Map closed and Lupin walked off, bringing his stuff with him.

Walked into the Great hall, with Harry, there was a commotion by the Gryffindor table.

"Harry." Neville ran up to us. "Wherever did you get it?"

Seamus came after Neville. "Can I have a go, Harry? After you, of course."

"What are you talking about?" Harry asked confuse.

"Quiet." Ron told Seamus. "Let the man through. I didn't mean to open it, Harry. It was badly wrapped, They made me do it." He pointed at his twin Brothers.

"Did not." Fred and George said together.

Harry pulled back the already unwrapped wrapping revealing a broom.

"It's a fire bolt." Fred said.

"It's the fastest broom in the world." George added.

A smile spread across my face as I stood behind Harry. I new exactly who this was from.

"For me?" Asked shocked. "But who sent it?"

"No one knows." Ron told him.

"But this came with it." Hermione picked up a feather from Buckbeak.
We ran after Harry as he ran out with the boom when he got on it shot into the air.