6 Troll

"One of a Wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation... or the ability to make objects fly. Uh, do you all have your features? Good. Now, uh. Don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing, hmm? The swish and flick. Everyone." Professor Flitwick instructed. He was small and stood on many books.

    "The swish and flick." We all said as we followed the motion with our Wands.

  "Good. Oh, and enunciate. Wingardium Leviosa. Off you go then." Professor Flitwick told us.

Everyone repeated the words over and over again, I sat beside Seamus.

"Wingardium Leviosa." I swung my Wand and noting happened. "Wingardium Leviosa. Wingardium Leviosa."

"Oh, well done!" Professor Flitwick cried out excitedly. "See here, everyone. Miss Granger's done it! Oh, splendid!"

"Wingardium Leviosa. Wingardium Leviosa. Wingardium Leviosa." Seamus repeated. There was a sudden burst of light and an explosion. I look is shock at Seamus.

"I think we're going to need another feather over here, Professor." Harry said.

———

"It's Levi-osa, not Levio-sar." Ron mocked Hermione as we walked out of class. "She's a nightmare, honestly. No wonder she hasn't got any friends."
At that moment an upset Hermione pushed past us.

"I think she heard you." Harry said.

"I should follow her." I say looking back at the boy's.

————

Follow Hermione to the girls bathroom where she had already locked herself inside a stall.

"Hermione?" I call.

"Go away." She cried.

"I'm not going to do that."

I sat with her in the bathroom all afternoon.

"Come on Hermione. It's time to eat." I urge.

She soon agrees to come out wiping off her tears.

I turn around with her and see two large feet, I look up to see a giant Troll.
Slowly we back up. My back hit the wooden door, at the exact same time Hermione and I turn around and run inside.

We scream as the Troll destroys the top of our stall among others. Wood fell down on us.

"HERMIONE, (Y/N), MOVE!" Harry yelled as him and Ron ran in.
We crawled to the next couple stalls that were then also destroyed.

"Help!" Hermione yelled. "HELP!"

"Do something!" I scream to the two boys.

"Hey, pea brain!" I hear Ron yell.
That distracted the Troll allowing me and Hermione to crawl over to the sink. We huddled in corner under the sink's.
The Troll roared, I pushed myself against the wall as Hermione crawled to the next sink as the Troll uses his club to destroy the sink in between us. Water sprayed out of the pipe as the lighting continued to flash.

"Help!" Hermione screamed.

I watched Harry pull out his Wand and run for the Troll. He grabbed onto it's club and was swung on the Troll's head. The Troll looked side to side trying to find Harry during the Troll shaking his head Harry got his Wand stuck up the Troll's nose.
The Troll began to shake more finally managing to grab hold of Harry.

"Do something!" Harry yelled as the Troll had him by the foot and swung for Harry with his club.

"What?" Ron asked.

"Anything!" Harry yelled dodging another hit. "Hurry up."

"Swish and flick." Hermione instructed as Ron took out his Wand.

"Wingardium Leviosa." Ron said and it worked the Trolls club levitated above its head. The Troll looked up confused and the club came down on the Troll's head. Harry was dropped and quickly moved out of the way as the Troll crashed to the ground.

"Is it... dead?" Hermione wondered as we walked over.

"No, I think it's just knocked out." I say looking at the Troll.

Harry pulled his Wand out of the Troll's nose.

"Oh! Troll bogies." Harry said in disgust as he cleaned it off with his robes.

At that moment Professor McGonagall, Quirrell, and Snape entered the bathroom.

"Oh my goodness. Explain yourself, both of you!" Professor McGonagall told Harry and Ron.

"Well, what it is-" The boys both started.

"It's my fault, Professor McGonagall." Hermione spoke up.

"Miss Granger." Professor McGonagall said shocked.

"I went looking for the Troll. I'd read about them and thought I could handle it. But I was wrong." Hermione explained. "If Harry, Ron and (Y/n) hadn't come and found me. I'd probably be dead."

"Be that as it may..." Professor McGonagall looked at us. "It was an extremely foolish thing to do. I would have expected more rational behaviour on your part, and I am very disappointed in you, Miss Granger. 5 points will be taken from Gryffindor for your serious lack of judgement. As for you two gentlemen and Miss Black— I just hope you realize how fortunate you are. Not many first-year students could take on a fully-grown mountain Troll and live to tell the tale. 5 points... will be awarded to each of you... for sheer dumb luck."
I was expecting to be punished so when I heard the word awarded I was relieved and overjoyed.
They left and we were led out by Professer Quirrell, I didn't trust him.

————

We sat in the great hall, today was going to be Harry's first Quidditch match.

   "Take a bit of toast mate. Come on." Ron encouraged Harry as he just stared at his food.

   "Ron's right Harry. You're gonna need your strength today." Hermione told him.

    "I'm not hungry." Harry claimed.

    "Good luck today, Potter." At that voice we all quickly turned to see Snape. "Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a Troll a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you... even if it is against Slytherin."
We watched him walk off with a limp.

   "That explains the blood." Harry said.

  "What blood?" I question.

   "Listen. Last night, I'm guessing Snape let the Troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that 3-headed dog. But he got himself bitten. That's why he's limping." Harry whispered.

    "But why would anyone go near that dog?" Hermione asked.

    "The day I was at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults, said it was Hogwarts business, very secret." Harry said.

     "So you're saying..." Hermione said.

    "That's what the Dog's guarding. That's what Snape wants."

We heard the screech of an owl. Harry's white owl flew over the table dropping a package shaped like a broom in front of Harry.

    "Bit early for mail, isn't it?" Hermione wondered.

    "But I never get mail." Harry said.

    "Let's open it." Ron decided.
The four of us untied the string unwrapping the broom.
It was the nimbus 2000, the fastest and best broomstick, Ron explained.