28 Time

"What just happened?" I asked looking around the empty hospital wing.

"Where's Ron?" Harry wondered.

"7:30." Hermione said. "Where were we at 7:30?"

"I don't know?" Harry told her.

"Going to Hagrid's?" I guess not entirely sure. But I was confused about what was going on. I didn't have time to ask Hermione anymore.

"Come on. And we can't be seen." Hermione told us. We followed her. She started running down the castle halls.

"Hermione? What are we doing?" I ask her as we ran, but she never gave any response.

"Hermione wait?" I tried but got the same thing.

We ran outside and stopped at the end of the bridge.

"Come to see the show?" I remembered that voice and I remembered that sentence. It was Malfoy.

"You! You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!" Hermione yelled. I watched in shock as I saw ourselves confronting Malfoy again.

"That's us." I say.

"Hermione, no! He's not worth it." The old Ron said.

"This is not normal." Harry said in Hermione quickly pushed us back.

She pulled out the necklace and showed it to us. "This is a Time-Turner. McGonagall gave it to me first term. This is how I've been getting to my lessons all year."

"You mean you went back in time?" Harry asked.

"Yes." She nodded.

"How do you physically do that? Do you sleep?" I asked her.

"(Y/n), not important. Dumbledore obviously wanted us to return to this moment. Clearly, something happened he wants us to change." Hermione said, and we looked back at her past selves.
I watch as a punch, Draco, directly in the nose.

"Good punch." Harry said.

"Thanks." I smile.

"Malfoy's coming." Hermione quickly pushed us back. And we jumped out hiding behind a wall as the boys ran past.
We watched ourselves leave, running down the hill towards Hagrid Hut.

When we are sure we would not be seen. We ran towards the rock watching ourselves.

"Look. Buckbeak's still alive." Harry pointed out.

"Of course. Remember what Dumbledore said? If we succeed, more than one innocent life could be spared. Let's go." We followed her down the hill and ran behind the pumpkins.

We could see ourselves through the window of the hut.
Crows card in the distance, and we turned to see Dumbledore, the Minister of Magic and the Executioner, walking down the hill, approaching the hut.
"Here they come. I'd better hurry." Harry said getting up to free Buckbeak.

"Fudge has to see Buckbeak before we steal him." Hermione pulled Harry down reminding him. "Otherwise, he'll think Hagrid set him free."

"Scabbers, you're alive!" we run from inside the hut say happily. Anger burned on my blood.

"That's Pettigrew." I spat.

"(Y/n), you can't." Hermione me pulled me down.

"He betrayed my Parents." Harry reminded her as he too, was angry.

"You don't expect us to just sit here." I raise my voice slightly.

"Yes, you both must!" Hermione pulled us both down. "You two are in Hagrid's Hut now. If you just go bursting in, you'll think you've gone mad. Awful things happened to Wizards who meddle with time. We can't be seen."

We heard the voice of Dumbledore as they walked closer. I looked back inside the hut and we weren't making any evidence of leaving.

"Fudge is coming." Hermione said. "And we aren't leaving? Why aren't we leaving?"

I think back and look down the pumpkin in front of me. I spot a snail, it was small and round. I picked it up and tossed it through the window. There was a shutter as it broke a vase.

"Are you mad?" Harry asked as a quickly ducked.

"Probably." I tell him picking up a stone and throwing it again at the window, this time hitting Harry directly in the back of the head.

"Ow!" Harry rubbed the back of his head in the present in the and past. "That hurt."

"Sorry." I apologize.

We turn and look as Fudge, Dumbledore and the executioner knocked on Hagrid's door.
The back door open, and Hermione's head poked out. Followed by Ron as they started making my way towards where we were.

"We're coming out the back door. Go!" Hermione told us, and we ran into the woods hiding behind some trees.
I looked over at her backs.

"Is that really what my hair looks like in the back?" Hermione commented.
She snapped a small twig.
Quickly we turned around, and I pressed my back against the bark. I'm not making no sound.

"I thought I just saw... never mind." The past Hermione said.

"Let's go." The past Ron said and four left.
When they were gone, we made our way back to the pumpkins.

"Okay, go, Harry, go." Hermione rushed.

He got up and walked towards Buckbeak. Crows flew up to Harry, picking out his feet as he attempted to silently save Buckbeak. When Buckbeak looked up hairy bowed, and the bird returned it. Harry walked up, grabbing the chain so we could pull Buckbeak.

"Okay, Buckbeak. Come quickly. Come with us now. Come on." Harry desperately whispered, but the Hippogriff wouldn't budge. Harry even tried, pulling with all his mind, but nothing worked.

"Keep trying. Come on. Quickly." Hermione whispered to Harry.
I looked around and spotted dead ferrets that were hanging out. I remember that Hagrid was feeding them to Buckbeak during our first lesson. I elbowed Hermione and pointed at the ferrets. She understood what I meant, and we both walked towards them.

"Come on. Come on, Buckbeak." Hermione held a ferret out to Buckbeak, as she stepped in front of Harry.

"Come and get the nice dead ferret." I whispered. Finally, the Hippogriff got up. Hermione tossed it into Buckbeak's mouth.

"Come on. It's here. Come on, Beaky." Hermione waved another one.

At that moment, Hagrid's Hut's door opened and we froze. Thankfully Professor Dumbledore distracted them, pointing the minister in the opposite direction and towards the castle.
Hermione grabbed another ferret after tossing another towards Buckbeak. Quickly we ran into the woods.

We stayed hidden behind some trees as we watched from the distance, the Minister looking confused not able to find the bird.