Realizing he has something to bargain with, Saruman grins, "So you have come here for information. I have some for you." From his robes, Saruman whips out a glowing Palantír, and stares at it raptly, "Something festers in the heart of Middle-Earth. Something that you have failed to see. But the Great Eye has seen it. Even now he presses his advantage. His attack will come soon." Gandalf moves Shadowfax forward as Saruman spoke again, "You're all going to die. But you know this don't you, Gandalf." Maristela scoffed at the evil wizard.

Saruman sneers at Aragorn, "You cannot think that this Ranger will ever sit upon the throne of Gondor. This exile, crept from the shadows, will never be crowned king. Gandalf does not hesitate to sacrifice those closest to him, those he professes to love. Tell me... what words of comfort did you give the halfling before you sent him to his doom? The path that you have set him on can only lead to death." Maristela's eyes shone at the Wizard's taunting words, Saruman turned his head to her, "And what of your daughter who carries the power she cannot wield. She will bend to Sauron's will and you've seen it, haven't you, Gandalf? You know what Sauron promises her."

Maristela looks to her father who turns his gaze to her, he sighs before sending her a light reassuring smile that Saruman's words were of torment but not power. "I've heard enough," Gimli spoke before looking to Legolas, "Shoot him. Stick an arrow in his gob." Legolas reaches for his quiver but is stopped by Gandalf. "Come down Saruman, and your life will be spared," Gandalf promised. "Save your pity and your mercy; I have no use for it!" Saruman snapped before he shoots a fireball from his staff. The flames engulf Gandalf and Shadowfax. The flames die out, revealing an unscathed Gandalf, to Saruman's surprise.

"Saruman, your staff is broken," Gandalf spoke before Saruman's staff shatters in his hand. From behind Saruman, a hunched figure approaches: Gríma Wormtongue. "Gríma, you need not follow him. You were not always as you are now. You were once a man of Rohan! Come down," Théoden encouraged the pale man. Gríma bows to Théoden before Saruman spoke, "A man of Rohan? What is the house of Rohan but a thatched barn where brigands drink in the reek and rats roll on the floor with the dogs? Victory at helms deep does not belong to you, Théoden, horsemaster! You are a lesser son of greater sires."

"Gríma, come down. Be free of him," Théoden spoke ignoring Saruman's words. "Free? He will never be free," Saruman said with a crazed look. "No," Gríma spoke. "Get down, cur!" Saruman slaps Gríma and sends him falling down. "Saruman, you were deep in the enemy's council. Tell us what you know," Gandalf pleaded in hopes to help Saruman redeem himself. Gríma draws a dagger as Saruman responds to Gandalf's plea, "You withdraw your guard, and I will tell you where you doom will be decided. I will not be held prisoner here." Gríma lunges towards Saruman and stabs Saruman in the back, twice. 

Legolas shoots and hits Gríma, who falls down, dead. Saruman falls off the tower and is impaled by the spoke of a large wheel. "Send word to all our allies, and to every corner of Middle-Earth that still stands free. The enemy moves against us. We need to know where he will strike," Gandalf spoke out to his company. The wheel turns, sliding Saruman's body under the water. The Palantír drops into the shallows. "The filth of Saruman is washing away. Trees will come back to live here. Young trees, wild trees," Treebeard expressed with a smile. Pippin sees a glowing orb in the water. He dismounts Aragorn's horse for a closer look.

"Pippin!" Aragorn called out. Pippin picks up the orb. It is one of the Palantír. "Bless my bark!" Treebeard exclaims. "Peregrin Took, I'll take that, my lad. Quickly now!" Gandalf instructed the young Hobbit. Pippin reluctantly hands Gandalf the orb. Gandalf covers it up, and with a sidelong glance at Pippin, turns away. Maristela sends the Hobbit a sweet smile before checking on Merry who had joined her on her steed, the company settled with the outcome of Isengard set out for Edoras. Maristela's mind reels as she thinks over Saruman's words, what possibly could a necromancer like Sauron offer her in exchange for her power?

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

Five hundred year old Maristela stands in front of Lord Elrond and the council with her head high as they present her with the Ring of Kaia. "This Ring is a gift of the High Elves," Lord Elrond spoke with pride, "It was in ownership of Raelia who used it to heal the warriors she lead into battle." Maristela smiled at those words, her hands clasped behind her back. "The Ring of Kaia holds power that many will underestimate. It is important that you learn its boundaries and understand the consequences of healing fatal wounds," Lord Elrond continued as Maristela held her hand out. "But first, we must test if the Ring of Kaia will accept you," Lady Galadriel said.

Maristela felt anxious as Galadriel slipped the Ring of Kaia onto her right pointer finger, they all watched as the Ring seemed to glow before a wave of wind surrounded Maristela followed by a silver glow. When the light faded, Galadriel smiled wide, "The Ring of Kaia has accepted you, Maristela Greyhame." The Elleth looked over to her father who smiled with pride. "You must learn the magic of the Ring, work together as one and remember that this gift is a great responsibility," Celeborn spoke elegantly while Maristela nodded her head in understanding. "Never let the powers of evil ruin you, Marisol. You are more powerful than you know," Lady Galadriel spoke with a knowing look in her eyes.

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

Rosemary Speaks

And the final act begins!
Honestly, this is kind of shocking to me that I've managed to write so much in the past few days but to those who have been commenting, thank you so much!
You help encourage me to write <3

Y'all Legolas lovers are gonna enjoy the next chapter ;)

Thoughts?

See you in the next chapter!