2.3 | King Thranduil

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

THE DWARVES AND MARISTELA WERE LEAD THROUGH THE FOREST and over a bridge into the Woodland Realm. Fíli and Kíli kept Maristela close to them with the former keeping pressure to the wound on Maristela's shoulder, she had snapped the arrow so only the arrowhead and a small amount of the stick was in her shoulder. "Holo in ennyn (Close the gate)," Legolas ordered the guards, his eyes landing on Maristela as she walked by with the Durin brothers flanking her. Bilbo, invisible, is running along the bridge and toward the gate. Legolas turns, sensing something, and looks down the bridge despite seeing nothing there.

The Dwarves and Maristela are led through the raised wooden walkways of the Woodland Realm. The entire place is built out of tree roots in a subterranean cavern and sitting upon a throne ahead of them is the King of Mirkwood, Thranduil. Maristela had heard many stories about King Thranduil and none of them spoke of any kindness or compassion for others outside his own kin. The Dwarves were pushed to the side of the throne room as an Elf grabbed Maristela from the brothers. "Hey!" Fíli protested but Maristela shook her head at him with a reassuring smile.

As the Dwarves are dragged to the cells, Maristela is lead towards the throne where the King stood with a conniving smile. "Well, my dear, explain to me why a young Elleth such as yourself is in the company of Dwarves," King Thranduil inquired while Maristela glared at him knowing her friends would not be released under his own will. "I enjoy their company," Maristela replied vaguely, she reached for the arrow in her shoulder and pulled it free, tossing it to the King's feet. "Do return that to Tauriel and tell her to better her aim cause next time, she will fall to my sword," Maristela warned harshly.

King Thranduil was amused as he stood from the throne and stepped down, he held his hand out as Legolas walked into the room and placed the Sword of Raelia into the King's hands. "The Sword of Raelia is a very famous sword that can only be wield by those who are worthy," King Thranduil spoke as Legolas stood by the throne, his eyes focused on Maristela's bleeding shoulder; she barely acknowledged it and it worried the blonde Elf Prince. "So tell me, young Elleth, what makes you worthy to carry such a blade amongst scum?" King Thranduil questioned with a sadistic smirk.

"I am Marisol Maladrosa, daughter of Estelle Maladrosa; Warrior of Imraldis," Maristela spoke with her head high, her brown eyes staring into the King's without fear or hesitation; nor any respect for the King in front of her. Legolas was shocked to know who she was, stories spoke of the Elleth Ranger that fought in many battles, she stood alone against Gundabad Orcs and survived. "Ah, Maristela Greyhame," King Thranduil spoke as he stood to his full height again, Maristela tried to hide her surprise at the King's knowledge of her father.

"I've heard many stories but our conversation will have to wait. Your wound is bad and I believe those Dwarves are worried for you," King Thranduil said as he placed the sword on a mantle alongside Orcrist. Legolas moved forward and carefully gripped Maristela's uninjured arm before leading her towards the cells where the Dwarves were locked up, she ignored his presence but Legolas felt strange as he watched her from the corner of his eye. The way she fought against him and the way she stood against his father without hesitation were things that stood out to him.