2.8 | To Erebor

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

THE PEOPLE OF LAKETOWN HOSTED A PARTY IN HONOR OF THORIN and his Company, Maristela spent the night hanging out with her companions before eventually finding herself sitting on a balcony away from the large boisterous crowd. Fíli was quick to find her, he had sat down with her, they had spent the night cuddled together under the stars stealing kisses and talking about whatever came to mind; Maristela was at her happiest. But come morning, the Company headed to the docks in preparation to head to the Mountain to reclaim Erebor.

"You do know we're one short; where's Bofur?" Bilbo asked Thorin while looking around. "If he's not here, we leave him behind," Thorin replied to Bilbo, they couldn't waste time. "We have to, if we're to find the door before nightfall. We can risk no more delays," Balin added to cement Thorin's words. They march along the pier and the Dwarves board the boat, fully decked out in armor and regal clothing supplied by the people of Laketown. Thorin stops Maristela, "Not you. We must travel with speed, you will slow us down." Maristela looks Thorin in the eyes, she was pleading with him to let her go with them.

"I'm coming with you, Thorin. I promised to be there when you walked into the halls of your Forefathers," Maristela told him but Thorin didn't back down from his decision. "You have gotten me and my kin this far, now you can rest and leave the rest to us," Thorin replied while Fíli turned his head to Maristela, he wanted her by his side when he saw Erebor for the first time. "Thorin--" Maristela was interrupted by Thorin laying his hand on her shoulder as he speaks, "I do not wish your wound to worsen. Join us when you have healed, you are one of us, Maristela. We will await your arrival."

Thorin squeezed her shoulder gently before turning to board the boat, Maristela lowers her gaze before stepping back from the pier. Oin climbs out of the boat, "I'll stay with the lass. My duty lies with wounded." Maristela looked up at Oin, she went to refuse but he sent her a stern gaze and she knew there was no convincing him to leave with the others. "Uncle, she deserves to be there, more than most. You can't deny her that right!" Fíli argued with Kíli agreeing with his brother. "We will carry us, if we must!" Kíli added in a shout, Maristela appreciated their persistence but they were wasting time.

"One day you will be King, and you will understand. I cannot risk the fate of this quest for the sake of an Elf, not even one I deem a good friend," Thorin expressed to Fìli who was still upset with his uncle's words. Fíli shares a look with his brother before stepping out of the boat, Thorin tries to stop him, "Fíli, don't be a fool. You belong with the Company." Fíli turned to his uncle with a glare, "I belong with my heart." Thorin was taken aback by the instant reply, no hesitation in his words proving that Fíli intended to court Maristela no matter the beliefs of their people or hers. Kíli pulls away from the others and follows his brother, "And I belong with my brother and friend."

The musicians of Laketown play their instruments as the Master climbs up to a raised platform; He waves and the people cheer and clap. Further away in a house in the town, a sleeping Bofur is woken up by the sound of the music, he jolts upright and smacks his head on the bottom of the table. "By my beard, is that the time? Oh, ugh," Bofur exclaimes before he scrambled up unsteadily and runs out the door, grabbing a glass of drink on his way. "Bring good fortune to all!" The Master cheers as the Dwarves pull into the canal and begin to paddle away from the town.