4.1 | Summoned To Rivendell

Start from the beginning

"For another Ring was made," Lady Galadriel said as the misty reflection formed into Sauron forging the One Ring within the Chambers of Sammath Naur. "In the land of Mordor, in the fires of Mount Doom, the Dark Lord Sauron forged in secret a Master Ring to control all others... and into this Ring he poured his cruelty, his malice and his will to dominate all life," Lady Galadriel informed Maristela who frowned as she looked towards Mordor, an uncomfortable shiver down her spine as she remembered the story that followed.

"A last alliance of Men and Elves marched against the armies of Mordor. On the slopes of Mount Doom they fought for the freedom of Middle Earth, victory was near. But the power of the Ring could not be undone," Lady Galadriel spoke solemnly as Maristela watched the reflection of the water, the misty memory of Elendil's body falling like a rag doll before his son Isildur cradles his body in anguish. "It was in this moment... when all hope had faded, that Isildur, son of the King, took up his father's sword, the broken blade of Narsil and severed Sauron's fingers removing the One Ring," Lady Galadriel finished off as the misty memory fades.

"And yet his corruption prevented him from destroying it, the power was too strong," Maristela said as she turned her head towards the sky, the sun no longer rising as morning had passed. "Yes. But the Ring betrayed Isildur to his death. And some things that should not have been forgotten... were lost. History became legend... Legend became myth," Lady Galadriel responded without hesitation, her eyes watching the Elleth with Istari blood. "My lady," A voice spoke causing Maristela and Lady Galadriel to turn to the Elf guard. "Yes, Idril?" Lady Galadriel questioned with a kind smile.

"Gandalf Greyhame has requested Lady Marisol's presence in Rivendell," Idril informed them causing Maristela's brows to furrow, she hadn't been expecting such a sudden summoning knowing that Gandalf had gone to the Shire for Bilbo's 111th birthday, of which she couldn't attend due to her severe injuries and the fact she was in the last moments of battle during the time she would have to travel in order to make it. "It must be important if he has summoned me during my time of healing," Maristela spoke up with a frown, she turned to Lady Galadriel who seemed deep in thought.

"You must leave immediately then," Lady Galadriel told her before turning to Idril, "Please ask Zydlr to prepare some food and supplies for Lady Marisol's travel to Rivendell immediately." Idril bowed his head before turning and making his way through the forest to do as requested. "It seems our lessons of history have been put on hold," Lady Galadriel said with a smile as Maristela bowed her head with her own smile. "I best get ready for my travels, Lady Galadriel," Maristela spoke politely before turning to walk away from her. "Marisol," Lady Galadriel called out stopping Maristela, "Be prepared and open-minded for whats to come."

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

Approaching the familiar path to Rivendell, Attica slow to a steady strut as Maristela took in the beauty of the grounds along with its peace as she had no doubt within her mind that her life is about to become loud. The Elves walking around turned to their head at the sight of Attica and Maristela entering Rivendell, none had been expecting her after word spread of her severe injuries in battle against Orcs. She soon reached the stairs where Gandalf and Lord Elrond stood, both had relieved smiles seeing that Maristela was well. She climbed off of Attica's back, grinning when the Wolfhound rushed off to his favourite alcove in Rivendell.

"My daughter, it is good to see you well," Gandalf greeted before embracing Maristela, the young Elleth eager to accept it. "You know that an Orc army is no match for me," Maristela teased making both males laugh. "Thranduil has sent a few appreciative gifts for you along with that fruit cake that you so dearly enjoy," Lord Elrond informed her as she pulled away from her father with a grin. "He truly spoils me. His intentions are beginning to worry me," Maristela said with a chuckle as Lord Elrond accepted her embrace. "I believe it is due to you being the only person he is willing to call a friend," Gandalf spoke up as he leaned on his staff.

"Now, I believe there is someone wishing to see you, Marisol," Gandalf added as Maristela and Lord Elrond pull away from each other. Maristela followed her father until they reached a garden where a small old Hobbit sat on a bench with a content smile on his face and a pipe in hand. "Bilbo?" Maristela spoke with a smile, the old Hobbit turned to her with a wide grin upon his face. "Mari!" Bilbo dropped from the bench and met Maristela halfway, he wrapped his small arms around her with happy tears falling from his eyes; it had been some time since they had last seen each other.

"Oh, Bilbo..." Maristela breathed out before pulling back and kneeling down to him, her hands cupping his old face. "Age is catching up to you, Master Baggins," Maristela spoke, the use of Master Baggins prompting an emotional whimper as he remembered sixty years ago. "And not to you," Bilbo replied with a cheeky grin on his face. "You're still the same cheeky Hobbit I once knew," Maristela expressed as she gave him another hug. The two spent some time talking about the changes they've had since they last saw each other until Bilbo headed off for a nap.

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

Maristela stood on the balcony looking out to the waterfall, she was fiddling with a dagger as she watched the setting sun reflect off of the water below. "You seem conflicted," Lord Elrond spoke as he walked up beside her, his hands resting on the balcony railing. "It's just something that Lady Galadriel had said to me," Maristela replied before turning her gaze to the Elf Lord, "She mentioned that the Ring of Kaia only works because of my kindness but... she is worried that my kindness may be preyed upon." Lord Elrond knew what her concerns were, the way she doubted herself after all those years ago.

After the death of Thorin and his nephews, Maristela had learned that the Ring of Kaia has the ability to save someone on the brink of death however, the consequence of such action is to completely drain the Ring. And to use that power without the right training or intentions could have taken Maristela's life. She held guilt over the knowledge that she could have done more that day and it was why she became distant with some in travels and journeys over the years, fearful of losing someone so close to her again. She had healed from that dreadful day but doubts and fear always followed.

"You have much more to learn, Marisol. But you should never doubt your capabilities to fight the shadows," Lord Elrond reassured her with a small smile. "It is okay to have fears and doubts, Marisol, so long you do not let them get in the way of your life. Have faith in yourself because you are capable of so much," Lord Elrond spoke as he placed his hand on her shoulder, Maristela looked up at him with a thankful smile before hugging him. After pulling away, the two stayed silent as they watched the water until the sun had disappeared behind the mountain; Maristela headed to bed to get sleep before the meeting in the morning.

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

「 ✦ 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐘 ✦ 」

Lord of the Rings time~

Thoughts on this chapter?
Theories? Suggestions? Predictions?

See you in the next chapter!