Legolas is shooting the Orcs attacking Thorin from the top of the tower. Thorin, with his broken sword, takes on the remaining Orcs. Tauriel finally finds Kíli but Bolg jumps out of a tunnel and kicks Tauriel into a rock. Seeing this, Kìli angrily defeats his opponents and begins making his way towards her. Tauriel manages to slip out from Bolg's grasp and begins attacking him with her knife; he manages to grab both of her arms and twists them, causing her to shriek in pain; he then smashes his fist down on ger head, felling her. Kíli rushes desperately as he hears Tauriel's groans of pain, Bolg raises Tauriel up by the throat; she manages to kick him in the knee, causing him to fall.

Bolg grabs Tauriel and throws her bodily against the wall. As she lays stunned on the ground, he raises his mace for the kill but Kíli leaps from a parapet onto him. They fight and Kíli manages to slash him but Bolg grabs Kíli by the head and raises the pointed base of his mace to stab him through the chest. "No!" Tauriel shouts and jumps on Bolg from behind. Bolg manages to throw her down again and she can do nothing as Bolg raises his mace and plunges it through Kíli's chest. "No!" Tauriel screamed. As Kíli dies, he and Tauriel stare into each others eyes; both of them tearing up.

Thorin continues fighting Orcs while Legolas helps, the Elf Prince spots Maristela by the body of Fíli Durin fighting with a new sort of anger he had never quite seen before. Her eyes burn white with her sword, each swing of her sword left bodies decapitated or sizzling from the impact almost as though the blade was on fire. This moment showed Legolas why she was known as the daughter of the stars because everything about her reminded him of the stars, the beauty and power that they held was present as she fought furiously with no drop of mercy for the Orcs trying to kill her.

Bolg drops Kíli to the ground dead with a smirk on his face. Tauriel's grief turns to anger, and she leaps onto Bolg as he approaches her. They are standing over the edge of the precipice and Bolg tries to swing her out over the fall. She manages to hold on to him and kick off the stone, launching them both over the edge. Legolas, on top of the tower, suddenly feels the tower shaking. He looks down to see a troll smashing away at the tower's base. Hearing Tauriel's grunts, he looks out and sees her rolling with Bolg down the mountainside. She lands on a broken staircase, gasping in pain; And Bolg has landed near her.

Bolg rises and prepares to kill Tauriel when Maristela leaps onto the back of Bolg, slashing at him with her dagger to protect Tauriel after she felt Kíli's death. Bolg reaches back and grabs Maristela's shoulder ripping her from his back before throwing her down onto the stairs while Tauriel tries to stand from the pain; Bolg raises his mace to kill Maristela who is no longer fighting as mercilessly as she was prior due to heartbreak and exhaustion. Legolas, seeing this, reaches back for an arrow only to find that he has ran out. He angrily throws down his bow and pulls out Orcrist, leaping off the top of the tower and plummets down holding the sword; he manages to drive it into the trolls head.

Twisting the sword, he manages to get the troll to charge forward, smashing head first into the already weakened base of the tower. Bolg looks up to see the tower fall over and make a bridge over the chasm in between Legolas and Bolg. As Tauriel lays unconscious, Maristela pushes herself over to the woman and protects her as Legolas and Bolg charge at each other over the makeshift bridge. They begin fighting against each other, Legolas doing his best to between the two women. As they fight, Bolg swings his heavy mace at Legolas and misses, hitting the floor and causing it to crumble and fall into the chasm below.

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

「 ✦ 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐘 ✦ 」

IF I ONLY COULD, I'D MAKE A DEAL WITH GOD,
AND I'D GET HIM TO SWAP OUR PLACES,
BE RUNNIN' UP THAT ROAD,
BE RUNNIN' UP THAT HILL,
BE RUNNIN' UP THAT BUILDING~

Sorry, I genuinely was listening to that writing Fíli's death and it made me cry 'cause Maristela would absolutely switch places with him.

I apologise but this is a Legolas book so... Fíli surviving seems unfair when its the natural order. But do not fret, I do have a Fìli book in the works along with a Kíli one, my Thorin one and I even have plans for a few others.

Thoughts on this chapter?
Theories? Predictions? Suggestions?

See you in the next chapter!