3.4 | Lord Dáin Ironfoot

Start from the beginning

As more and more Orcs and Trolls enter the city, Thranduil rides his elk into the city by crossing one of the bridges, his elk trampling many Orcs in the process. The elk lowers its antlers and spears five Orcs at the same time, lifting them up so Thranduil can behead all of them with one swing of his sword. As they thunder into the city, the elk is killed by multiple Orc arrows to the chest and as it falls, Thranduil leaps clear and rolls. He comes up from his roll to find himself surrounded by Orcs, he pulls out both of his swords and begins fighting them, soon reinforced by his Elven foot troop.

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

In Erebor, Fíli watches Attica and Maristela from the distance with pain within his heart, he had seen her go down twice before managing to overpower those who came too close. However, he had been quick to notice her direction, she was going toward Azog with the intent to kill him. That knowledge only worried Fíli further and Kíli could see it as he watched his brother. Kíli was angry with his uncle, to stand aside and do nothing as their kin fight against legions of Orcs. He knew it wouldn't be long until Fíli went against the King's order to save the woman he loved.

Dwalin stormed into the throne room where Thorin sat upon his throne with the crown upon his head and the King's coat on his shoulders, no intention to assist his cousin. "Since when do we forsake our own people? Thorin, they are dying out there!" Dwalin snapped at his King, the Dwarf he swore to follow. "There are halls beneath halls within this mountain ─ places we can fortify," Thorin spoke deliriously, ignoring Dwalin's true intent. "Shore up, make safe. Yes..." Thorin rambles as Dwalin loiks disappointed and angry. "...Yes ─ that is it. We must move the gold further underground ─ to safety," Thorin continued.

Thorin begins walking away but Dwalin calls out, "Did you not hear me?! Dáin is surrounded! They're being slaughtered, Thorin!" Thorin stopped and turned his head to Dwalin as he spoke, "Many die in war. Life is cheap. But a treasure such as this cannot be counted in lives lost. It is worth all the blood we can spend." Dwalin's eyes widened as he took in Thorin's words, he has agreed with Maristela and stood with her decision to keep the Arkenstone away from the King. "You sit here in these vast halls with a crown upon your head and yet you are lesser now than you have ever been," Dwalin commented.

"Do not speak to me as if I was some lowly Dwarf Lord..." As Thorin speaks, he is clearly mentally affected, "As─As if I were still... Thorin... Oakenshield." He pulls out his sword and roars, "I AM YOUR KING!" Thorin is so unbalanced that he almost falls over. "You were always my King. You used to know that. Mari said it herself," Dwalin replied softly before bowing his head in sorrow, "You cannot see that you have become." Thorin sneers at Dwalin, "Go! Get out... before I kill you!" The two stare at one another for a moment before Dwalin turns and leaves, the King is frozen before he turns out of the throne room.

Dwalin approaches the others, Balin looks to his younger brother but frowns seeing the defeat upon Dwalin's face. "He won't listen?" Bofur asked. "He will not," Dwalin answered him. "Mari was right, huh?" Ori asked with a sorrowful expression, he felt terrible that his kin was dying while they did nothing. "Of course she was right," Bofur spoke as he shook his head, "And now she's out there fighting alongside Dáin in a battle that is unbalanced." Ori looked around at the others before looking to Nori and Dori, "She'll be fine, right?" Everyone was silent as they looked at Fíli, the Dwarf picked up a rock and threw it at the wall before closing his eyes; he had to make a choice.

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

「 ✦ 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐘 ✦ 」

What an interesting battle.
And yes, I gave Maristela extra powers/magic, she's Gandalf's daughter and blessed by the Valar, plus its my choice. But there are consequences that will be mentioned during the time of Lord of the Rings, maybe before.

Thoughts on this chapter?
Theories? Suggestions? Predictions?

See you in the next chapter!