3.4 | Lord Dáin Ironfoot

Start from the beginning

Back on the mountain, Fíli's eyes move from his kin rushing the Orcs to the woman he loved unsheathing her blade to fight. "I'm going over the wall! Who's coming with me?" Fíli asked them before moving to climb down, the others cheered and agreed. "Stand down!" Thorin snapped at his nephew and kin. "What?" Gloin asked with furrowed brows. "Are we to do nothing?" Fíli asked his uncle. "I said STAND DOWN!" Thorin shouted, Bilbo frowned as Thorin walked by him, the others looking on in shock and surprise as their kin fight to the death.

"Thranduil!" Maristela sneered turning to the Woodland King, the Elf-Lord turned to her at the luck of title use. "Will you stay your blade? Will you not fight for Middle Earth? All due to your pathetic hatred for Dwarves? What of your Elven who will suffer before your own people do?" Maristela asked as she approached the Woodland King. Thranduil looks from Maristela to the Iron Hills Dwarves who have stopped and built a shield wall with their massive spears pointed outward, lead by chants of their leader; the Orcs are fast approaching the shield wall while Maristela tightened her grip on the Sword of Raelia watching the battle.

Suddenly, right as the Orcs reach the Dwarves, the Elves leap up over the shield wall from behind, wielding their swords, and begin raining down blows on the Orcs. As the Elves press forward, the Dwarvish shield wall is raised and the Dwarves rush forward to fight alongside the Elves, cutting down Orcs with their spears. Maristela rushes forward despite her father's calls, she swings her sword at different Orcs removing arms, legs, and heads until she reached Lord Dáin. "Good to see you again, Dáin," Maristela spoke as she cut another Orc down before it got to the Dwarf Lord.

"And you as well, Maristela!" Lord Dáin greeted before using his axe to clobber an Orc reaching for Maristela. "I see a nice bead within your braid, which of my kin were lucky to win your affection?" Lord Dáin asked with a grin. "That would be Fíli Durin, my Lord," Maristela answered him as a distant familiar howl echoed through the sky. Maristela grinned before letting out a sharp whistle, within seconds, Attica had bounded towards her allowing her to push off of the ground onto his back. "I have missed you, dear friend. It is good to be by your side again," Maristela spoke in Elvish, Attica purring in agreement.

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

The battle had turned to madness as massive trolls and other various beasts joined the fray, Azog sending a part of his army on the city which angered Maristela greatly. The Elleth had killed many Orcs but the numbers were so great, it felt as though she hadn't killed any. While the townspeople lead by Bard rushed into the city to protect it, Maristela tried to make her way toward Azog, wishing nothing more than to bring his head to Thorin as an I'm sorry gift. She manages to get halfway when a troll manages to knock her from Attica's back, the wolfhound pounced at the troll.

Maristela, disoriented by the knock to the ground, pushes herself up and reaches for her sword in time to block the swing of an Orc. With limited advantage, she tries to think of a way of overpowering the Orc so she could get off of the ground, closing her eyes as the Orc raised its weapon to attack her, she focused her energy. "May the Valar bless me, may the Valar show me, guide me towards the paths of salvation and prosperity," Maristela chanted in an ancient tongue, the sword within her hands began to glow. She opened her eyes and rolled out of the way of the Orcs weapon, pushing herself off of the ground.

Maristela raised the blade into the air, wind picked up before a single bolt of lightning hit the tip of the blade. Maristela swung the weapon down on the ground and the crowd of Orcs within the area had all but vaporised by the power of Raelia. "By my beard, it's true," Lord Dáin said as Maristela turned to him, her eyes shining a bright white along with her body in a similar manner to Lady Galadriel of Lothlórien. Her eyes eased knowing better than to use too much power, the consequences were something she wished not to face. Attica approached Maristela allowing her onto his back before they continued their battle towards Azog.