2.9 | Morgul Poison

Start from the beginning

Legolas washes the and tears apart the Kingsfoil in a tub of water held by Tilda. Fíli, Kíli, and Oin pick up a groaning Maristela and lay her on the table to try and hold her down. "Hold her down," Tauriel instructed, she held Maristela's hand allowing the Rivendell Elleth to squeeze it as hard as she needed. Legolas approaches with the bowl of water and examines Maristela's wound, seeing how black and festered it is, he looks away in worry. As the others look on, Legolas closes his eyes and begins chanting in Elvish while he kneads the soaked Kingsfoil in his hand, then he presses it to Maristela's wound.

"May the blessing that was given to me be sent from me to her, may she be released from death," Legolas chanted, Maristela screams and thrashes in pain, and Sigrid jumps in to help hold her down. "Tilda!" Sigrid calls her sister, the youngest rushes to help. Legolas continues chanting: Fíli looks at him strangely with a hint of distrust, and Oin listens in amazement through his slightly dented hearing trumpet. Maristela begins calming down and in her hearing, Legolas' voice comes across as angelic and all-emcompassing, she opens her eyes and her gaze lands on Legolas as the pain fades and a light feeling overcomes her.

Legolas binds Maristela's leg with a clean cloth as the others busy themselves, Fíli stood with Oin in the kitchen watching a pot of water boil, though Fíli's eyes were focused on Maristela and Legolas. Kíli stood with Tauriel, the two discussing what had happened and the Dwarf spoke highly about Maristela to Tauriel who was happy to know that he had good friends. "Legolas..." Maristela breathed out as she opened her eyes and looked at Legolas. "Lie still," Legolas replied to her softly, he knew she would be exhausted for a while. "You cannot be him..." Maristela spoke softly, her throat sore from screaming, Legolas looked at her in confusion.

"He wouldn't stand against his father... He wouldn't be here... not helping Dwarves and an Elf of Rivendell..." Maristela mumbled as she tiredly closed her eyes, Legolas frowned hearing her words as he realised the kind of person he had become, someone his mother couldn't be too proud of. "Rest, Maristela. You will be okay," Legolas told her before brushing her hair away from her sweaty face. "For I have waited a thousand years for you, I will wait a thousand more," Legolas whispered to her in Elvish before stepping back, he grab his bow and looked at Tauriel, "Come Tauriel. We've got Orcs to hunt." He made his way out not sparing another glance.

Tauriel shared a glance with Kíli before she moved to follow Legolas knowing that those Orcs were threats that needed to be handled. "Tauriel," Kíli spoke as he followed after her, she turned to him as he continued, "Be safe out there." She smiled at him before leaning down to kiss his cheek, "I'll see you when this is over." Kíli smirked at her before slipping his runestone into her hand, "See you then." Tauriel enclosed her fingers around the stone before making her way out of the home, Kíli turned to his brother with a smile. "Oh, you two are so brothers. Both falling for Elves. Oh, Odin," Oin spoke with a slight shake of his head as Fíli sat with Maristela awaiting for her to open her eyes.

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

「 ✦ 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐘 ✦ 」

So I made some major changes to the script for my book but I'm pretty happy with them. Also, Legolas is so damn adorable and no matter how much I adore Fíli, I do look forward to writing Legolas and Maristela during the era of Lord of the Rings.

Thoughts on Maristela's new power reveal?
She's gifted by the Valar?

Thoughts on Maristela's ring going bronze the longer she was poisoned?

Thoughts on Legolas being the one to save her?

Thoughts on Legolas' words/promise?

Thoughts on Tauriel and Kíli?

Extra thoughts on this chapter?
Theories? Predictions? Suggestions?

See you in the next chapter!