2.9 | Morgul Poison

Start from the beginning

At Bard's house, Sigrid leans over the balcony outside the front door looking for her father when she hears a noise and calls out, "Da? Is that you, Da?" She looks around for Bard but doesn't look up and see Orcs creeping on the roofs of the neighboring houses. Inside, Oin hears a noise on the roof and looks up curiously. As Sigrid turns to walk back inside, an Orc drops on the balcony behind her. She screams and slams the door but the Orc stops it with his sword; Hearing the screams, Bain, Tilda, and the Dwarves jump up.

Another door opens and an Orc strides inside, Oin throws a stack of plates at its head, but another Orc breaks through the roof and falls into the house. The first Orc at the door swings at Sigrid, as she falls backward onto the table benches. She slides under the table and pulls the bench sideways next to her as a shield. Kíli grapples with an Orc as another falls through the roof, Tilda throws a plate at it then Sigrid pulls her under the table as well. Fíli stands ready to protect Maristela as she tried to sit up, he pushed her back down. "Stay," Fìli told her, he leaned down and kissed her cheek before moving to help his brother.

An Orc threatens Bain, and Bain pushes the bench at it, knocking it over. Bain then grabs the end of the bench and throws it up, hitting the Orc in the head. More Orcs jump in through the roof, and one approaches Maristela who is currently groaning in pain as she begins succumbing to the poison, her energy weakening as the silver ring on her finger began to darken into a dead bronze. The girl's scream as an Orc flips over the table they were hiding under. Another Orc leaps to the balcony in front of the house but suddenly, Tauriel appears and stabs it in the throat with her knife.

She pulls out her other knife as well and begins killing the Orcs in the house. Legolas jumps in through one of the holes in the roof, he too begins killing Orcs until his eyes land on Maristela for a moment before he became distracted by Orcs. An Orc approaches Maristela and grabs her by her wounded leg, the pain woke her from losing consciousness as she screamed out in pain. Fíli turned to her and immediately tackled the Orc away from her, he plucked a loose arrow from an Orc and drove it into the eye of the Orc before ripping it free and slamming it back in between its eyes.

Legolas and Tauriel kill Orcs left and right without any hesitation as Fíli and Kìli moved to help Maristela back onto the bed, her body was shaking as though she was cold, her skin icy as her eyes lost their brown color into a cloudy blue. "No, no, no... Mari!!" Kíli exclaimed solemnly before looking up at his brother, Fíli cupped Maristela's face as he spoke, "Don't leave me, my love. I'm here and you're stronger than this." Tauriel and Legolas looked over as Bolg's lieutenant called the Orcs back, the lack of Thorin caught their attention and they all fleed from the home.

As Bofur hurries towards Bard's house, an Orc leaps at him from above. As the Orc swings its axr, Bofur falls backward and drops the Kingsfoil. Bofur tries to crawl away, but the Orc grabs him by the legs and pulls him back, then throws him onto a table which tips and causes Bofur to roll away. The Orc raises its sword to cut Bofur down but it is suddenly skewered by an arrow through its chest; it falls over dead. He pushes himself up and picked up the Kingsfoil, rushing toward the house and heading in to see the carnage. "I have it!" Bofur called out, Legolas spotted the Kingsfoil in Bofur's hand and reached for it.

"Help her, please!" Kíli pleaded for his best friend, his eyes on Tauriel whose eyes softened before looking at Legolas. "Athelas," Tauriel breathed out seeing the weed in Legolas' hand, he looked at her and she nodded her head. "What are you doing?" Bofur asked the Elf Prince, he was wary of him due to their capture in the Woodland Realm. "I'm going to save her," Legolas replied before making his way over to Maristela, Fíli glared at him but Kíli was quick to pull his brother back. "He's helping, Fíli. He's our last hope," Kíli told his brother, Fíli softened at that, his eyes landing on Maristela with worry in his eyes.