Maristela remembered the stories her mother told her about the festivities of Durin's Day within the halls of Erebor and the city of Dale, she had been there to witness it once. Estelle had spoken highly of the celebration, the way the Dwarves of the Blue Mountains came to Erebor to celebrate alongside them. She mentioned how they would drink well into the night, feasting upon a grand dinner dressed in their finest clothing to commemorate the occasion. Maristela wished to see the glory of the celebration, to bear witness to the importance of the occasion.

It was long after dark when Maristela and Attica made their way back to the camp, however, her attention was taken by the presence of something else. Attica sniffed the air before growling, his ears lay flat against his head as he lowered his body into a prowl, moving forward slowly before lurking in the shadows. Maristela lowered her own body against the Wolfhound, her eyes focused on the sight before her; The Dwarves caught by three large trolls, a few turning on a stick above the fire while the rest lay in potato sacks.

"What have these Dwarves gotten themselves into now?" Maristela muttered to herself with a sigh before looking around for a plan. "Húrin, mellon. Let's show hin trolls a real maeth (Ready, friend. Let's show these trolls a real battle)," Maristela whispered to her companion. Attica's shoulders jostled before the Wolfhound pounced forward, his jaw snapping on the leg of the closest troll resulting in a whine leaving its lips. Maristela used the momentum to push off of Attica's back, driving her dagger into the troll's shoulder before pulling her blade free and slicing it across the troll's neck as he stumbled back.

Maristela dropped to the ground in a crouched manner as the other two trolls snarled in rage, the Dwarves cheered as the Fair Lady used her smaller size to her advantage; she dodged between the trolls before snatching up a fallen dagger, she twisted her body around and cut across the closest trolls leg as the other moved to grab her. Attica snarled at the stumbling troll before pouncing as the other troll pursued Maristela; snatching her up in his tight embrace making the Dwarves and Bilbo tense up.

"You aren't worthy of a meal," The troll sneered as the other troll managed to throw Attica away from him. Maristela bit back the urge to cry out as the large troll began to squeeze her in his hold, a gruesome smirk upon his features when Maristela noticed the familiar presence of her father. "Who is that?" The troll pondered. "Can we eat him too?" The other troll asked. "The dawn will take you all!" Gandalf declared before slamming his staff against the boulder to break it in half.

The sunlight of the sunrise poured through the new gap causing the trolls to panic, the one holding Maristela dropped her in an attempt to cover his face however, he simply turned to stone before them. Maristela gasped as she held her right shoulder, she felt incredibly winded but ultimately glad for her fathers timing of arrival. Her attention turned to Gandalf as he held out his hand to help her up off of the ground, she accepted with a smile.

The two worked to release the Dwarves and Bilbo from both the stick above the fire and the potato sacks the others had been trapped in. "Are you okay?" Fíli asked Maristela as he rushed over to her, Attica shaking off his fur before sitting; his tongue lolling out of his mouth to further prove he was fine. "I'm okay, Fee. Calm yourself," Maristela assured him.

"Everyone okay?" Maristela asked out loud gaining responses of "I'm okay" and "just fine" which eased her worries. Maristela walked over to the troll she had killed, she observed the deep cut across his throat. "That was an impressive attack," Dwalin complimented, his eyes glinting with pride. "I mostly improvised," Maristela told him before sheathing her dagger and sword.

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

The Company headed into a cave where the trolls have travelled from, the space contained a terrible smell that had the Company complaining but the treasures within the cave made them stop. "A trolls horde is always interesting to see," Maristela spoke with wonder as she moved deeper into the cave, her eyes locking on a blade with a unique design.