He claps his hands, re-illuminating the bright lights of the room. "Be careful. These are candles, not toys, and might burn you," he says, bending over and blowing out all the candles.

I have also collected flowers, the ones growing along the sides of the pool—the prettiest ones and the ones that smelled sweet—those are the ones I plucked the petals from and scattered all over the room, too. Rigel must not notice the flowers since he steps all over them as he carries the candles back to the room with the pond.

I feel foolish. How did my so-called suave plan turn into something so ridiculous?

Don't panic. I have a multi-step plan, so I can just move to the next part.

It's been a while since he fed me berries by hand and had me suck fruit. I must admit I found that situation hot, so maybe if we do it again...

"Berries," I ask him eagerly.

He goes to the storage unit in the wall.

I kneel in front of his chair, waiting for him. It's hard for me to sit still because I'm so excited. Once he sees what I am doing, he will definitely get the hint.

He empties a carton of berries into my bowl and places it on the floor.

I wait, kneeling by his chair.

Those berries do look delicious, although I had hoped... I want him to play with me. Do I need to be more direct? I'm afraid it would just make me sound needy.

Rigel pulls out some vegetables for himself from the storage unit, eating a few leaves. He stops chewing and frowns at me. "Aren't you going to eat?"

When I don't move, his wings quiver, like he's upset.

I don't want Rigel to be upset. So even though I'm crestfallen, I go to the bowl.

It's fine, because... eating berries out of a dog dish gives me more time to plan. When I eat a few, he smiles at me.

For Rigel, I eat every last berry in the bowl.

When I am sticky and covered in berry juice, I go to Rigel who now sits in the chair, staring at the writing on the wall. I put my head on his knee and gaze up at him.

"These are my work clothes!"

Rigel is yelling and when the computer translates his words, it is not what I expected, but...

Well, I was working on being more forward. "Bath?"

He goes into the room with the pond. I'm getting excited. There's no way for me to mess this up.

"Kata," calls Rigel.

I run, ready to plunge into the water and swim with him, but instead...

"No," says Rigel, stopping me from running. He carries me to the edge of the pool.

Rigel motions to the bandage around my waist. Maybe he wants to keep it dry? I guess so, because once again, only he gets to hold the sponge. He lathers it.

Be bold, Ava. Show him what you want.

I lean against him, lift my foot, and press it against his member, wiggling my toes. There's no chance he will mistake this for what it is; an overture, my invitation to touch me back.

"Ava, stay still," he says, moving my foot away. He seems so obsessed, holding a little sponge and dabbing carefully around my forehead and along my arms. It's like he only sees the bandages but not me.

Rigel is trying to take care of me, but I am messing everything up. So, I let him dab at me with the sponge. That's when an even better idea comes to me...