Chapter 15 Blacksmithing

Beginne am Anfang

Lu Zhou moved into the bed, then moved again, and pressed against the wall. His brother sprawled out occupying most of the earthen kang. I didn't find the bed too hard today, I didn't toss and turn, and I fell asleep within a quarter of an hour after lying down. Lu Zhou waited and heard that Lu Xu was fast asleep. He got up and covered Lu Xu with a blanket. He sat cross-legged next to Lu Xu and propped up his chin, worrying, hey, when will he grow up and how can he make money?

Lu Xu spent several more days rushing to the morning market in the morning, going to the wine shop at noon, and walking around the streets and alleys in the afternoon shouting and promoting, gradually accumulating customers. If there was any leftovers in the afternoon, he would go to the wine shop to sell them on consignment. After a few days of selling, the shopkeeper was doing well, so he asked him to keep some snails at noon and store them in the shop for sale in the afternoon.

Lu Xu's hands and feet were calloused, and all the mulberries on the mountain road were picked up by him, and he also paid off his aunt's family debt.

The snail business gradually stabilized to the point where more than 200 copies were sold a day, and Lu Xu began to think about other businesses. His carts were half empty, and he could still sell something else.

That day, a relative who was a regular visitor came to buy half of his snails early in the morning. He sold them smoothly, and they were all sold out at the wine shop at noon. Seeing that it was still early, Lu Xu pushed the cart to the blacksmith shop in the county to have a look.

The iron shops are all owned by the government. They are registered as workers and registered locally. From now on, future generations will have to forge iron. There are few blacksmiths in their small place. The imperial court recruits blacksmiths from all over the country to make weapons during the war. Now there is only one old man. I started business with my young son, and there was a sign "Cheng Zhi Tian Qi" hanging at the door of the shop.

Iron is a rare item. In the past, buying a kitchen knife had to be registered. Lu Xu didn't know whether his iron pot business would be successful.

It's always a matter of luck.

The main reason was that his clay pot for cooking went bad too quickly. Not to mention Yuan Manniang's heartache, he felt quite distressed when he saw it.

The old man was hitting a hoe. When he saw him, he asked, "What do you want to hit?"

Lu Xu scratched the tip of his nose, "Can you hit the pot?"

The old man was startled, "What?"

Lu Xu: "Iron pot."

He gestured to the clay pots and pans, "It needs to be this big, this deep, the bottom should be this small, and then it should be flat and shallow."

One stir-fries, one pan-fries, stir-fries vegetables, bakes pancakes, everything is complete.

The old man pondered, "You said that I have never done this pot before, so I don't know if it will work. Let me try."

Lu Xu was overjoyed, "OK!"

The old man took a pair of wooden signs and carved a circle and a seal with a knife. He made a handprint with the ink pad and handed it to him. "This requires a lot of materials. You need to pay a deposit of one or two taels first. Any money or grain will do, but no copper coins are required."

Lu Xu just changed the silver, exchanged the broken silver for the wooden sign, and left happily after agreeing on a time with the old man.

He went to the grocery store to buy oil, salt and seasoning, and suddenly came back to it.