10.- From Pirates to Babysitters

After her deep and heartfelt conversation with the Captain, Sakura reached the door of her room and realized she was exhausted as if she had been training with Team 7 all day, taking care of Kakashi to make sure he carried out his duties as Hokage, and then working at the hospital for over twenty-four hours. Despite some time passing since the conversation, the pain and anguish she had felt still seemed like a fresh wound she doubted would ever heal.

She ran the back of her hands over her eyes to dry the traces of tears she had shed while with Whitebeard. She waited for a moment, trying to hide any signs of her downtrodden appearance: swollen eyes, irregular breathing, and a slight tremor in her body. She didn't want the girls, who already had enough problems, to think they had been the cause of her crying.

Once she felt ready, she entered her room and was met with a scene that left her dumbfounded. On her bed, Marco and Ace were sitting obediently, their gazes distant, and Ace was holding Elliot in his arms. When their eyes met, both men silently asked her for help.

Sakura had to cover her mouth to stifle a laugh because Ellie, apparently having lost her mistrust, had been busy styling both pirates' hair. Marco had pigtails and various ribbons of different colors and sizes, all made from ribbons she had found in one of Sakura's drawers, and now Ellie was working on Ace's hair.

"I only came to deliver medicine" Marco murmured, the least willing to find himself in this situation. Although he seemed grumpy, his eyes sparkled, indicating that he had allowed Ellie to style his hair as she pleased.

Apparently, the girls were already dressed, although their clothes were a bit big due to the size differences, so Sakura planned to go shopping for them the next day. She had money from her visit to the casino, so it wouldn't affect her wallet.

"Sakura! When you're done with Ace, let us style your hair" Ellie exclaimed, jumping on the bed. In her enthusiasm, she pulled Ace's hair, and he complained.

"Yeah, Sakura, join in on the fun" Ace said with a mischievous smile, hinting that he wanted Sakura to suffer as much as they did.

What Ace didn't expect was Sakura's clever response.

"How about I style your hair instead? I'll make you both so beautiful that pirates won't be able to help but stare at you with their mouths wide open."

Immediately, the girls became excited. Their eyes sparkled like gems at the suggestion, and even Ellie stopped messing with Ace's hair.

"Yes! We want to look so beautiful that pirates can't help but stare at us with their mouths wide open" Ellie said excitedly.

"It's not fair" Ace complained. They were the only ones who had endured the pulling and decorations in their hair.

Sakura chuckled softly and approached the two men, giving each of them a kiss on the cheek as a reward for being patient with the girls. She knew that not everyone had the patience to deal with them, let alone let them do whatever they wanted with their hair.

Both men murmured a few words under their breath, which only they could understand.

Sakura sat down next to Ace and placed Ellie in front of her to start styling her hair, allowing Ellie to continue playing with Ace's hair, which she was turning into a masterpiece.

"I'll go to the kitchen to ask Thatch how the food is coming along," Marco said, removing the hair ties and bows from his hair before picking up the tray with medicine.

She had barely lifted the tray with both hands when Ellie stopped styling Ace's hair and jumped in front of Marco, furious.

"Coward! You've removed my decorations that I put so much effort into on your scarce hair!"