𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

Start from the beginning

I stand up from the bed, holding the edge of the mattress for support. " No, say it. Say it." 

He doesn't respond, tucking his hands in sweats as he looks away. I gnawed at my bottom lip, wiping my eyes with the back of my hand. " I know it's my fault. I know that you blame me for Naeva's death."

Nino clenched his jaw, a nerve directly fired from my words. " I don't blame y-"

" Yes, you do. You've blamed me for it ever since I left the hospital. And you haven't stopped blaming me since." I interjected, pointing my finger at him.

" You hate me for it. You've always have." I trembled.

He brushes past me, his footsteps heavy.  " I'm not finna do dis witchu,"

" So you're walking away?! Is that what you're doing?!"

" WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?! SIT HERE AND LET YOU EXCUSE ME OF HATING YOU?!" He screamed.

I sigh exhaustingly, rubbing my hands over my face. He continued to yell, " I NEVA BLAMED YOU, STAR! NEVA! ALL I ASK FROM YOU IS TO BE STRAIGHT UP WIT ME! IM SUPPOSED TO BE YO FUTURE HUSBAND DAWG! IM SUPPOSED TO TAKE CARE OF YOU!"

I feel a migraine beginning to form at the base of my skull, all of my energy draining from my body. I needed to leave, I couldn't be in this place anymore.

I brush past his figure, opening the closet doors and grabbing random clothes. It didn't matter whether it was all pajamas or not, I just needed something to wear.

Nino sighs, " What are you doing?"

I ignore his question as I grab a random gym bag, and stuff all of my clothes inside. I flip my move out of my face, trying to move as efficiently i could without hurting myself.

" Michelle, where are you going?" He demanded, this time wanting an answer.

I grab my phone, sending a quick text to Aunt Amalia.

Thankfully, she responded just in time

Thankfully, she responded just in time. Hopefully She or Javon would be able to come get me.

" So you gon leave?" Nino says from behind me, his breath fanning over my neck

I don't turn around, I just zip up my bag and sit carefully on the edge of the bed. I sat my phone aside, twisting and turning the ring on my finger.

He stands in front of me, crossing his arms in front of his chest. " So that's it? You just done wit me?"

I sighed, rubbing my hands over my face. " What do you want me to do, Nino? I'm tired of this. I'm tired of arguing with you. I don't have the energy for it,"

Nino kneels down in front of me," You don't think I'm tired of it? I hate arguing with you. I hate havin to feel like I'm the fuckin villian when I'm not, Haile." He whispered.

I lick my lips, " Then what do we do?"

He shrugs, adjusting the bracelet on his wrist. " What we always do. We pray,"

I slide down from the edge of the bed, sitting straight in front of him with my legs on either side. " Okay," I mumbled.

He held out his hands, and I take them. I close my eyes and bow my head. Nino clears his throat, " Our father who art in heaven, hallow be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done. On earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those we trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. In Jesus name,"

" Lord, we come to you as humble servants of your word. Please help us to see ourselves honestly, and to own our own part in our conflict rather than blame each otha. Please give us insight into our own needs and give us patience as we encounter needs in the ones we love. We need you, Lord. Guide us and empower us by your Holy Spirit." He spoke.

" God, I don't know how this has happened to us. We were once so in love and infatuated with each other and n-now.." My voice cracks, and I squeeze my eyes shut to stop myself from crying.

Nino squeezes my hand reassuringly. I inhale shakily, " I-It feels like our relationship is being attacked. I-It feels as I-If I'm all alone with no one here to help guide me. Father, I come to you. I need you right now, God. I-I ask you to aid our relationship, I ask that you help us both realize our values in your eyes even though our roles are different. God, I pray that we recognize that our arguments can be handled differently so that we may grow to be more Christ-like, rather than selfishly wanting us to get our own way. Help each of us to cherish one another and not cut each other down."

" Lord, remind each of us of the beauty of a growin marriage and help us to cling to each other rather than arguin with each otha." Nino added.

I sniffled, " God, I know that our arguments is only a reflection of the problems within myself. It seems like I-I have to prove to be right even when I'm wrong. I hate that about myself, and I-I want to be better. Father, You know how much I love Nino, but I feel like I'm pushing him away. So I pray to you, Father, to help me be humble. I surrender my pride, and ultimately glorify you as we continue discussing what started this argument."

" In Jesus name we pray,"

" Amen."