𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

HAILE MICHELLE LYNNATL, GA

HAILE MICHELLE LYNN
ATL, GA.

" Thanks fa coming with me to dis appointment, Hails. It means a lot to me," Moriah tells me, a look of nerves and a smile draped across her face.

I kiss her cheek, smiling softly, " Of course, I know how important this is to you."

She blew out a breath, rubbing her stomach that hung over her top unbuckled jeans. " Bro, this mothafucka got me goin to the bathroom every damn night. Hell, the fact that they makin me hold my pee right now is making me mad."

I chuckled, smoothing down my yellow sundress that I wore. " Well I don't think they would've asked you to do it unless it was for a good reason."

She rolled her eyes, " Chile I know that but like, be fuckin forreal. I'm damn near bout to piss myself."

I giggled, laying my head against her shoulder." Just try to relax,"

" I can't relax when all I think about is wings and rocky road ice cream." She grumbled, placing her head against mine.

It had been a few days since my .. attempt, and Nino and I haven't addressed the matter yet. It was traumatic enough to have to deal with the guilt of doing it, but also the guilt of wishing it had worked.

Nino even took it upon itself to move forward with me fully living with him, and I couldn't say that I was complaining. I didn't want to be alone, especially with how my mindset has been these last few weeks. And with Shilo, it felt like we had our little family.

I wanted to keep it myself, about my attempt. If I told Moriah, It would just end in a long lecture and the feeling of guilt. The guilt of letting her & Nino down, and the regret i feel for disappointing god.

In the midst of my chaos, however, Nino saved me. He didn't give up on me, or leave me behind for what I had done. He's stuck by my side, and now he's my boyfriend.

The very thought of this retribution brings a smile to my face, one of genuine happiness. Moriah gives me a look, crossing one leg over the other, " Why you smilin like that?"

" Hm?"

" Your smile," she repeats, a grin curling on her lips. " Ya dimples is showing. What's got you happy?"

My smile grows, a feeling of tranquility looming over me. " I'm just blessed to see another day, you know?"

She eyes be suspiciously, " Mhmm. You sure that's the only reason?"

I giggled, " Well, me and Nino are official."

Moriah's face contorts into utter shock. " Like, official official?"

I nod. " Yep,"

She whistled lowly, scratching at her newly installed lace lace front. " Well damn. When did this happen?"