𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

NINO JASIR REEVESATL, GA

NINO JASIR REEVES
ATL, GA.
Warning: mentions of suicide, resuscitation

Haile ain't been the same since that day, and I'd be lyin if I said it wasn't taking a toll on me. On us. What she went through was traumatic as fuck, and ion blame her fa shutting the world out... especially with Javon in a coma.

If I had come sooner, if I just trusted my gut from jump, I would've saved them. I would've got my hands on Dj even before he put his fuckin hands on Haile. I would've killed him.

It still bothers me how I was so close to takin his life, and yet I couldn't. I didn't want to be a monster. I didn't want Haile to be afraid of me. Ha safety is important to me, and I feel like I failed ha.

She doesn't smile anymore, nor did she laugh. Just when I could take off the weight of ha grandma's death, this shit happens. She's back in the rabbit hole dat she was in before, and it's scaring me dawg. I just don't want to lose her, brah. I don't.

I sighed, rubbing my hands over my face. " Fuck, man."

I was tryna cook sum food, but i just ain't have the energy to do it. The devil was tryna tear us apart, brah. And a nigga would be lying if i said it wasn't tearing me apart from the inside out.

I was making sum simple ass shit, like just some baked wings and asparagus. Despite my lack of energy, I already seasoned the chicken and asparagus and put 'em in the oven, now I was just cleaning up the mess I made and wiping down the stove and countertops.

As I'm doin dis, I feel myself gettin lost in my train of thoughts. All I could think about is : would Haile get better? Would we be better? Will she still want to be with me? Will I be able to take care of her?

I care about her so much, dawg. she pushes me to be a better man, she makes me want to strengthen my relationship with god. She is everything to me, bro. Everything.

A sudden ring from my phone cuts me out of my trance, the vibrations in my back pocket feeling weird. I dry off my hands by patting them on my shorts. I grab my phone, pressing answer what's I seen the Pastor Aaron's name pop up.

Pressing the phone to my ear, I lean my side against the counter. " Hey Pasto-"

" Nino, stop whatever you're doing right now and go check on Haile." He cuts off, his tone sharp.

I straightened my posture, instant fear flooding in my veins. " Why? What is it?" I panicked.

My question goes unanswered, and the line begins to shift. " B-Baby, I had a v-vision," Ms.Vivian sniffled.