𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

NINO JASIR REEVES ATL, GA

NINO JASIR REEVES
ATL, GA.

" ...Nino." Haile says in disbelief. the way she says my name always brings chills down my spine with each syllable she pronounces.

My heart thumps in my chest. " Haile."

She licks her lips, balancing ha self on one foot. " What are you doing here?" She whispered, staring deep into my soul.

I could ask myself the same thing, but I already knew the reason. I run my sweaty ass hands ova my Nike shorts, " I need to talk to you."

Haile frowns, shaking her head. " I can't, Nino, I don't want to talk."

I bit the side of my cheek, my nerves kicking in. " Well you don't have to talk, let me just explain myself to you. and after that, I will leave you alone. I won't bother you, I won't blow up ya phone, but you need to hear how I feel. Cus if I don't say dis, I'm gon regret it in the future."

Her locs fell to her face, which she flipped away as she glanced off to the side. She sighs, " Nino-"

" Michelle, please." I pleaded, " Let me right my wrongs."

Something in her eyes shift, and I don't see that hard exterior anymore. I see the real Haile peaking through. " Why? Why do you keep trying?" She quivered, her bottom lip trembling.

It made me feel like such a shitty person, knowing that I was the one who made this girl cry ova a nigga like me. I step forward, leaving only a tiny space between us. " Because I l-"

" Mama who's at the door- Oh, it's you." Moriah interrupts, opening the door wider. I was impressed by ha acting skills, especially since she's the one who called me up.

" What you doin ova hea, nigga?" She asked curiously, tilting her head to the side.

I adjust my cap, " Jay told me y'all was back in town, so I'd thought I come by."

She nods, " Ohh, type shi."

Haile clears her throat, moving her locs to one side of her shoulder. Even when she ain't trying, she still manages to look beautiful. Even ha lil shorts and tank top.

Moriah glances between us, popping ha lips loudly. " Sooo, ima just head back inside. Y'all kids behave,"

Haile looked like she wanted to protest, but instead she just stepped out the door and said okay. One thing I noticed bout ha is that she always got ha feet done. Whether it's white, or red, or black.