𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

HAILE MICHELLE LYNNATL, GA

HAILE MICHELLE LYNN
ATL, GA.

" Damn I haven't seen you in a min! where u been?" Dj greets, stopping midway his cleaning.

I laughed, shrugging my shoulders as I walked inside the shop. " It hasn't been that long, D."

he scoffed lightly, disregarding the broom and setting it to the side. " Shit thats what it feels like to me,"

I chuckled, flipping my locs to the side. " Whatever you say."

I wanted to come by the shop to check on Javon, but judging by the vacancy that echoed around me, he wasn't here. I shift on one foot, pulling down my black biker shorts as I spoke. " Do you know where Javon is?"

It was weird that he wasn't here. He was always at the shop unless he was out to get food. But why would he text me and tell me to come by the shop and then leave?

Dj shrugged, leaning against the countertop of his station. " Nah, he dipped outta hea like an hour ago before you came. why, wassup?"

I take a seat on one of the chairs adajcent from him, crossing one leg over the other. " Nothing, I just wanted to come check on him,"

He placed a hand on his heart, his expression filled with a fake hurt look. " Wow, so just fuck me, huh?"

I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms in front of my chest. " Its not like that, D."

" Mhmm. But look, since you hea, I need to talk to you bout sum." He says, his tone becoming serious.

I furrowed my brows, straightening my posture. " Okay,"

Dj leans off the counter, his locs swinging as he shook his head. he licked his lips, scratching the back of his neck. " Look, ion wanna step on ol' boys toes or whateva, but I feel like you got a right ta know."

I already knew that this would be about Nino. I could just tell by the way his tone dropped lower. sighing, I lean back against the cool leather seat with my hands flat on my lap. " Okay,"

He blew out a breath, " Aigh so, not too long ago I threw a lil kick back at my place and invited pooter and moody, and apparently moody fucked some girl and didn't tell you about it."

He was referring to Deja. and I already knew all of this information. But, he didn't know that I knew, and I intended to keep that way. Something inside me -- my discernment, most likely-- told me to stay silent and let him say what he has to say.

But there were questions that I had. questions that seemed to come up blank as I think about them. One, if he knew about this the entire time, why is he just now telling me? two, if he threw a party and invited everyone there, then he must've known deja would be coming. so why is he referring to her as ' ol girl' and not by her name?

My stomach began to churn, and I started to regret coming here. I shouldn't have asked Nino to drop me off. I should've told him to come inside with me. But i've known Dj for so long... he wouldn't hurt me. would he?

" I'm sorry, I know how much you fucked wit ol boy, but maybe this is god tryna open ya eyes." He whispered, walking closer.

I stood up quickly, backing away from him. " Where is Javon?"

He looked confused, but he could've been faking. " What you mean?"

My heart pounded against my chest, " Where is he, Darrian?"

Dj chuckled lightly, putting his hands up in surrender. " Chill, Aigh? he's out right now,"

I shook my head, continuing to back away as he stopped midway. I was closer to the door than ever, and I could've left. But I had to know the truth. " Javon texted me and said he was at the shop, he said that he wanted to talk to me about something."

" Haile, I'm being serious. ion know where he-"

" Why don't I believe you, Darrian? Why is everything inside me telling me that you know exactly where he is?!" I cut off, my voice shaking as I spoke.

He expression hardens, stepping one foot in front of the other. " You need to calm down."

" Calm down?! Calm down?! How can I calm down right now when you won't tell me where he is-"

Something falls, and it comes from the back. It was like a loud echoing sound, and my heart dropped. Dj sighs, looking back at the door. " Damn it."

My feet moves on my own, but Dj steps in front of me. " You don't want to do that, Haile."

I look at him, horrified. " What did you do?" I whispered.

He doesn't answer me, his jaw ticking in aggravation. I look at the back door, which what used to be the break room. I look on the floor, small trinklets of blood splattered in different directions. Dj's body towers over mine, and I feel helpless in this moment.

" WHAT DID YOU DO?!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, hitting his chest r

I shouldn't have come.

He licks his lips, throwing his head back. " This wasn't how its supposed to go."

I look down at his knuckles, and they were bruised. blood seeping from the wounds freely. He didn't. He couldn't have hurt Javon. they were friends for years, he wouldn't betray him like that. He wouldn't.

I gulp down my fear, inhaling a shaky breath. " Darrian-"

" Shut up! Just Shut up!" He yells, the action making me flinch away. " This is yo fault, Aigh? You made me do this!"

" If that nigga just stayed away, we would've been togetha! but nah, he tryna take you away from me! My sista can't even keep the bastard away from you! But you, you just can't stay away! You just keep lip lockin on that nigga's dick and pushing me away from you. But allat shit ends today, Aigh? All of it ends today." He rambled, pacing back forth.

Tears blurred my vision, my bottom lip quivering at his words. " D-Darian-"

" SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

A force connects with my cheek, so hard and brutal that it knocks me to the ground. I hiss at the pain, my trembling hand holding onto the thumping area.

" You just don't fuckin listen." He gritted, staring down at me. " I don't wanna hurt you, but If I gotta lay my hands you just you understand how serious i am, den I'll do that."

I look up, seeing him pull something out of his pocket. It was a syringe, white liquid filled to the brim. " This gon help you calm down."

" No!" I yell, scrambling to my feet in an effort to get away. he yanks my hair back, wrapping my locs around his fists. I yelp, clawing at his hand. " Ah! L-Let me go!"

" Shh, It's gon be okay. I promise," He whispers, hoisting me upright against him. I struggle against his tight hold, I feel the needle press against my skin as my body slowly goes limp.

I shouldn't have come. Now I must reep the benefits of my own actions.